Where is your washer and dryer?

When my ex bailed out of the marriage I bought a home and the Maytag Neptune Washer and Dryer set.
They were brutally expensive. I really thought it over for a good spell. It hurt the budget buying them but they were HUGE and washed and dried the cloths so well they talked to you.

Then about a year after purchase they started acting up. Warranty fixed them,, but soon after more problems happened.

I was semi-active in an appliance forum formatted very much like Cooking Bites.
I lent my knowledge and others lent theirs. $5 a year membership, appreciative forum owner that was sharp on home machinery, sold parts and actively helped everyone.

"Junk the washer and dryer and get a new set" was everyone's take. Then they listed the 7 additional problems that are about to beset my laundry machines. The repairs are expensive and worthless, the problems will soon return. Maytag went bankrupt that same year.

So I walked into Lowes and asked the appliance sales girl "what washer and dryer [she'd] want, and what has the fewest headaches."
"The Ball bearing drive LG's"
she said. I picked out candy apple red because I'll take style and color over function any day and 14 years later they run two loads a day and have been flawless.

When delivered, the delivery truck had several dead sets of the Maytag Neptune's they were hauling off to the dump from other deliveries.
When our Bosch washer died several years ago, I asked the repair person what machine he worked on the least:

"LG. I hardly ever see one break."

Our washing machine is in the kitchen and always has been (even in UK). We have no need for a drier; at the ambient temperature here the laundry dries quicker on the "washing line".

When I decided to get a washing machine, I wanted a dryer also, because without it, there was no place to hang the clothes to dry. Aso, the towels would get all hard from hanging them indoors. I hate that!! Makes them feel like hard sandpaper!! 😡

2001 DW fell in love with the sweeping Neptune pair . . .
aside from the mold developing on the washer gasket, they gave us good service - at pushing 20 years we opted to replace them, before they started being problems....

In my garage I have a laundry closet for my washer and dryer. I love it in there, since in the winter it warms the garage nicely and in the summer the dryer doesn't make the house too hot. Also I can do laundry at anytime of day without the noise in the house.

In my garage I have a laundry closet for my washer and dryer. I love it in there, since in the winter it warms the garage nicely and in the summer the dryer doesn't make the house too hot. Also I can do laundry at anytime of day without the noise in the house.

My first house had the laundry in a nook in the garage. I liked it there. Stray lint could be cleaned out with a leaf blower, in addition to the benefits you mentioned. No to mention if a washer hose fails, the water runs out under the garage door. No damage.

CD

Back
Top Bottom