Where is your washer and dryer?

Exactly like in Italy, our houses in general are much smaller than the American/Canadian ones.
Southern Italy has houses much bigger than the Northern ones for a matter of climate.
However, we don’t have the laundry room, only washer in the bathroom - sometimes in the kitchen.
Mine is in the bathroom but I’ll move it to the kitchen as soon as it will be possible to.
Dryer is something still vey unused in Italy, I think that maybe 2 or 3 people got one.

Same thing here, dryers are very uncommon in Portugal, we have a really good climate for drying clothes. My mom had one because we were 2 adults + 1 teenager + 2 children living in a very humid house and in the winter the dryer was very handy. I don't know of anyone else in Portugal who has a dryer. My friends who live in London they all have machines that wash and dry, London homes don't have a clothesline outside.

Bloody luxury, To save time in the morning Mum used to dress us in damp clothes the night before and winch us up on the "maid" till the morning! was yours a 4 or 6 slat? I bet your range was like ours, a black Rayburn?
I'm sure it had more than four slats, but all I remember is that when fully loaded it was too heavy for me, as a then slightly built child, to winch up. Yes, it was a black Rayburn, and it always had a kettle simmering away on the hot plate.

The cooker/range in our first kitchen was tiny (by our standards) as well. We were fine with it until our first Thanksgiving. It didn't even occur to me that the stove might be too small for a big turkey, and sure enough, come the day, I tried to put an 18-lb or so turkey in it and...not even close to fitting. :laugh:
Oh don't talk to me about turkeys and ovens.....I'm having a 'mare at the moment trying to find a replacement built-under double oven with a decent sized main cavity - most of them are far too small to fit a decent sized joint, never mind a Christmas turkey. There's a few other issues too so I think I'm going to have to change my whole oven and hob setup in the New Year.

My current house is 1,640 square feet. That's a small house in Texas. No room for a separate laundry room. My last house was just over 2,500 feet, and had a laundry room between the kitchen and garage.

My parent's house is just over 4,000 feet. There is a laundry room witha washer and dryer, a sink, a full-size refrigerator/freezer, and a full bathroom. You can come inside from the pool, and use the bathroom, or grab a cold beverage -- and change out of wet clothes after swimming. That bathroom is one of 5 bathrooms in the house. :o_o:

CD
Our house is about 116 sqm (1248 sqft) with 4 bedrooms and its probably slightly larger than the average sized house on our estate. I consider us very lucky to have a house this size for just the two of us (well, its not all luck, we've worked hard for it). A 2500 sqft house around here could easily be over £1m.

I grew up with a very long 3 strand clothes line in the back yard. We did not have a dryer. Mother had 7 children in 13 years. There were always babies in diapers. I am the eldest of the 7 children. I learned to chant diapers at a young age. Diapers were cloth diapers. I remember winters when the diapers would freeze on the clothes line. Mother would run a rope down the hall. I would collect the frozen diapers from the clothes line. Mother would hang the frozen diapers on the rope in the hall to dry them.
I would like to have a clothes line to dry my sheets.
We have one of these in the garden - it comes out on washing day and gets put back away in the garage afterwards

232514341?$rsp-pdp-port-1080$.jpg

Our house is about 116 sqm (1248 sqft) with 4 bedrooms and its probably slightly larger than the average sized house on our estate. I consider us very lucky to have a house this size for just the two of us (well, its not all luck, we've worked hard for it). A 2500 sqft house around here could easily be over £1m.

Location is everything in real estate. My house in Los Angeles would be well over a million bucks. Here in the Dallas burbs, it's worth a little under $300K. I only have three bedrooms, but they are big. I use the smallest for my office -- which could easily accommodate a king-size bed.

I do miss having a full laundry room. My current setup works, but I liked having a separate room just for doing laundry.

CD

Location is everything in real estate. My house in Los Angeles would be well over a million bucks. Here in the Dallas burbs, it's worth a little under $300K. I only have three bedrooms, but they are big. I use the smallest for my office -- which could easily accommodate a king-size bed.

I do miss having a full laundry room. My current setup works, but I liked having a separate room just for doing laundry.

CD

Same in the UK. If my house was in Cambridge (for example) it would be worth over double what its worth in Maidstone, Kent.

Our house is 3 bed/2 bath, 2500 sq ft, sits on two acres, and would be considered very, very average...dare I say, actually fairly low on the "nice house" scale. Being that I live in a somewhat rural area, in a state with a reasonably-low cost-of-living, in a county within that state with an even lower cost of living, my house's cost is probably laughably low compared to others here. I know people with a larger monthly car payment than our monthly house payment.

Same in the UK. If my house was in Cambridge (for example) it would be worth over double what its worth in Maidstone, Kent.
My brother and I bought this in 1993 I think for £150k cash. After renovation we sold it for on paper

Greylees, Churt, Farnham, Surrey GU10 2PX
Detached
£675,00031 Mar 1999Freehold
No other historical records

Its current price is estimated at £2.85 million.

My brother and I bought this in 1993 I think for £150k cash. After renovation we sold it for on paper

Greylees, Churt, Farnham, Surrey GU10 2PX
Detached
£675,00031 Mar 1999Freehold
No other historical records

Its current price is estimated at £2.85 million.

Sounds about right for that posh Frensham! I used to work in Farnham for many years. I couldn't afford to live there so ended up in Aldershot its only a few miles down the road and a good few hundred thousand cheaper for an average house.

Back
Top Bottom