Which butter is better?

We went out shopping this morning and found this in a Croatian specialty food shop at about £1.25 for 250 grms. 84.01 % of butter fat and only 0.25 grms of salt. The shelf life is interesting. I will report when I taste. It's from up north in a mountainous region.
View attachment 51271View attachment 51272

'Tis a very short shelf life. Could it have been on the shop's shelf for a long time?

we're next door to Lancaster County - we've got an Amish farm market open Thu-Fri-Sat only.
most of the food stuffs are the real deal, some vendors also carry pseudo brand name stuff, and there are non-Amish vendors also.

the "cured meats" fellow does dry cured bacon - it's spectacular + all the wursts you can think of!
there's an on-site open bakery with all kinds of goodies. I always take a paper bag with me because they put the breads in a plastic bag too soon and most of the time the steam condenses inside the wrap.... grrr.
produce is strictly seasonal and always top notch.

we're next door to Lancaster County - we've got an Amish farm market open Thu-Fri-Sat only.
most of the food stuffs are the real deal, some vendors also carry pseudo brand name stuff, and there are non-Amish vendors also.

the "cured meats" fellow does dry cured bacon - it's spectacular + all the wursts you can think of!
there's an on-site open bakery with all kinds of goodies. I always take a paper bag with me because they put the breads in a plastic bag too soon and most of the time the steam condenses inside the wrap.... grrr.
produce is strictly seasonal and always top notch.
Is that the same market with Norma, the pizza lady?

no pizza. will you settle for a pretzel?

Has anyone ever tried this? It's mainly for grilling, sauteing & pan frying. Got it from Amazon. Unfortunatly, it only comes in a gallon-size jug. You have the option of buying 2 Oxo squirt bottles to make dispencing & using it a little easier.
It's not real butter, so it doesn't need to be kept in the fridge. But I may keep it in there anyway, sothat it won't get rancid!!

Last edited:
View attachment 53282
Has anyone ever tried this? It's mainly forgrilling, sauteing & pan frying. Got it from Amazon. Unfortunatly, it only comes in a gallon-size jug. You have the option of buying 2 Oxo squirt bottles to make dispencing & using it a little easier.
It's not realbutter, so it doesn't need to be kept in the fridge.
It's got palm oil in it, so no thank you. It is used extensively in the catering trade because it's easier to use than real butter.

I think I heard about palm oil, that it has cholesterol, but I thought, like with everything else, that if used in moderation, it shouldn't be that bad.

I think I heard about palm oil, that it has cholesterol, but I thought, like with everything else, that if used in moderation, it shouldn't be that bad.
There are environmental impacts with palm oil as well.

and then there's the issue that - except for diabetics - dietary cholesterol does not impact serum cholesterol....

this is why it's called a "medical practice" - they really don't know, they're just experimenting....

Back
Top Bottom