Which Fruit Do You Use Most Often?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:28 AM
A spin off from What Vegetable Do You Use Most Often?; which fruits do you use most often? I find this hard to answer as (its bad, I know) I don't eat a lot of fruit at all and when I do eat it, I tend to eat what's in season.

Maybe I eat strawberries most often - but that is mainly to do with the extended season they are available here (April to October). Lemons and limes are definitely bought most often - for savoury dishes. What about you?

I usually eat whatever is in season too - lately rhubarb, but at the moment apricots and a few pears. I always keep some clementines/satsumas/small oranges and apples in the cupboard too. Lemons for savoury dishes too.

Strawberries and raspberries fresh from the garden, I also make jam and coulis from them as well.
Tomatoes by themselves from the garden with salt.
I also love mandarins.
Lemon juice for my gin,lol.

Russ

Oranges and watermelon
Now that it's Summer a refreshing drink we enjoy is vodka and lemonade with an orange slice.. get our vitamin C with our cocktail..

Whatever is in season. Strawberries are great at the moment, we have rhubarb in the garden, raspberries and black currents won't be far off, and apples later in the year. Lemons and limes all year round for cooking. Easy peel satsumas are kept in the fridge for a super refreshing nibble first thing in the morning.

I'd forgotten about pears which are my favourite fruit - but not the fruit I buy most often as they can be so disappointing (tasteless and hard). A juicy ripe pear is a wonderful thing - almost alcoholic in taste.

I'd forgotten about pears which are my favourite fruit - but not the fruit I buy most often as they can be so disappointing (tasteless and hard). A juicy ripe pear is a wonderful thing - almost alcoholic in taste.
My wife loves pears as well, I prefer tinned with custard!

Russ

I have some lovely pears from Riverford. They are so juicy you need a bib to eat them. They grow different varieties of pears, and their hard ones are gorgeous. One of my old neighbours used to grow pears in their garden and they were horrible - soggy and tasteless when they were ripe, like bullets when they weren't. There was no in-between.

Back
Top Bottom