Whiskey Scrambled Eggs

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:04 AM
I'm not sure that I should be getting the credit/blame for any of this, given that my "idea" was a joke in response to the plethora of stout-related recipes.

We need to lose the fish, though.
Whiskey Scrambled Eggs
Best thing ‘bout waking up!

Ingredients:

1 quart whiskey
3 eggs

Preparation:
1. Drink whiskey.
2. Enjoy. (The eggs are just for throwing at stuff when you're drunk.)

Serves: 1 Gawker night editor. 5-10 regular humans.

Guinness, beer and now Whiskey? Classic 33, tell me exactly what you are trying to do to us. I was going to ask that you provide me with a 'coke' recipe but I think we have some of those already.

Last edited:
Guinness, beer and now Whiskey? Classic 33, tell me exactly what you are trying to do with us. I was going to ask that you provide me with a 'coke' recipe but I think we have some of those already.

He's trying to corrupt us all (and making quite a good job of it!). He doesn't actually make any of this recipes. Last I heard he was eating a supermarket bought pizza with pineapple on it. Please don't encourage him to post Coke recipes! :cry:

He's trying to corrupt us all (and making quite a good job of it!). He doesn't actually make any of this recipes. Last I heard he was eating a supermarket bought pizza with pineapple on it. Please don't encourage him to post Coke recipes! :cry:
After the best part of three weeks, anything can be eaten.

Guinness, beer and now Whiskey? Classic 33, tell me exactly what you are trying to do with us. I was going to ask that you provide me with a 'coke' recipe but I think we have some of those already.

Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake With Ganache Icing
Coke cake.jpg

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 ounces melted butter
.5 cups vegetable oil
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup Coca-Cola
1 teaspoon baking soda
.5 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
.5 cups melted butter
6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
16 ounces confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preparation
  • Heat oven to 325°F; grease two 8-inch round cake pans
  • Combine melted butter, oil and Coca-Cola into a pot; bring to a boil
  • Mix flour and sugar in mixing bowl
  • Slowly add Coca-Cola/oil mixture to flour blend
  • Add buttermilk and baking soda; mix well
  • Add cocoa powder
  • Add vanilla to mix
  • Add eggs, one at a time
  • Whip ingredients until well blended (batter will be loose)
  • Divide batter evenly between cake pans
  • Bake for 30 minutes
  • Let cakes cool before removing cakes from pans.
  • After cakes have cooled, remove puffy tops of cakes for a smooth cake surface. (Cakes should be even for layering.)
  • For Icing: Combine ingredients for Ganache icing. Smooth layer of icing on bottom cake layer. Layer second cake on top of icing and smooth the remaining icing over the top.

Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 30 min

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/food/coca-cola-chocolate-cake-with-ganache-icing

Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake With Ganache Icing

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 ounces melted butter
.5 cups vegetable oil
1 cup Coca-Cola
1 teaspoon baking soda
.5 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
.5 cups melted butter
6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
16 ounces confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preparation
  • Heat oven to 325°F; grease two 8-inch round cake pans
  • Combine melted butter, oil and Coca-Cola into a pot; bring to a boil
  • Mix flour and sugar in mixing bowl
  • Slowly add Coca-Cola/oil mixture to flour blend
  • Add buttermilk and baking soda; mix well
  • Add cocoa powder
  • Add vanilla to mix
  • Add eggs, one at a time
  • Whip ingredients until well blended (batter will be loose)
  • Divide batter evenly between cake pans
  • Bake for 30 minutes
  • Let cakes cool before removing cakes from pans.
  • After cakes have cooled, remove puffy tops of cakes for a smooth cake surface. (Cakes should be even for layering.)
  • For Icing: Combine ingredients for Ganache icing. Smooth layer of icing on bottom cake layer. Layer second cake on top of icing and smooth the remaining icing over the top.

Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 30 min

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/food/coca-cola-chocolate-cake-with-ganache-icing
This is all your fault @winterybella!

Last edited:
I am sleep deprived right now but just alert enough to say that coke recipe deserves a separate thread. Drunk with sleep I am only now realizing the original post was started perhaps under the influence. To think I was planning to add some whiskey to my husband's eggs....not that he would mind.

Pardon me for laughing, I really had a grand time with the posts on this thread about that whiskey and eggs, hahahaaa. I am taking my mid afternoon snack right now - fried sweet potato and a cold can of Coke, yes, that one in the photo right there above. The fried sweet potato goes well with Coke especially if the dip is muscovado, that is the raw sugar that is brown and not refined. It is one of our favorite snacks because it is healthy and not only for humans for also for the dogs. Now, as with the whiskey and eggs, hmm, I will pass on that one.

I did not want to read this topic just by looking at the title but I thought I might just learn a new recipe worth trying. I was already processing in my head that this scrambled egg would taste like my favorite fruit cake because of the rum or whiskey on it. Thanks for making me laugh though OP. I see the sense of humor in there you made my day.

Back
Top Bottom