Who Uses an Electric Stove to Cook With?

They do have fidges that will make a shopping list for you.

CD

Also there are some that have see-through doors to let you know where to find things before you open the door! They also connect to the Internet to help you with ordering more food! Smart fridges. Such a ridiculously high price to pay for living in the lap of luxury!! Just give me one that works! Frost-free & space is all that I care about! Hah!! :whistling:

I'm electric and have ceramic, which I like except the lack of temp control when turning down a burner. I also have 2 Duxtop portable induction tops for catering or at home if I'm short on burners. Prefer gas and what I cook with at the restaurant.

I'm electric and have ceramic, which I like except the lack of temp control when turning down a burner. I also have 2 Duxtop portable induction tops for catering or at home if I'm short on burners. Prefer gas and what I cook with at the restaurant.

Yeah, the only thing I don't like about my ceramic cooktop is that lack of instant control over heat. I've gotten used to it after 20 years, so I know to move pans on and off of the heat, but I'd rather not do that.

I have an Iwatani butane stove that I use out on the patio, and take camping. Basically, it is just like the stoves used at omelet stations at brunch services. It has a very wide range, and can even reduce to a simmer, which most camp stoves can't do.

CD

Yeah, the only thing I don't like about my ceramic cooktop is that lack of instant control over heat. I've gotten used to it after 20 years, so I know to move pans on and off of the heat, but I'd rather not do that.

I have an Iwatani butane stove that I use out on the patio, and take camping. Basically, it is just like the stoves used at omelet stations at brunch services. It has a very wide range, and can even reduce to a simmer, which most camp stoves can't do.

CD
I have a couple of butane stoves for catering and one is a Iwatani. I also have a Magicater commercial grill with water reservoir that can be broken down for easy transport and used as a tabletop as well, which I love and generates 80,000 BTU's with 4 burners.

https://dvorsons.com/Magikitchen/LPAGA30ssng.jpg

Last edited:
I always preferred cooking on gas and I hated the old ceramic or halogen electric hobs - they're far too slow and unresponsive compared to gas. I think I probably cooked on various gas hobs for about 16 years and was very happy...until I tried induction.

Its even more responsive than gas, its more efficient because no energy is lost to the surrounding air (which is getting more and more important these days), and its so much easier to clean. I wish I'd changed earlier, I wouldn't go back to gas now.

I'm electric and have ceramic, which I like except the lack of temp control when turning down a burner.
It’s rare that I have all the burners covered, so what I do is set one to med-hi or so and another to med, or whatever combination I think I need, and then I move whatever I’m cooking around accordingly, sort of like using an Aga with its two burners, or like a wood stove, which is what I grew up with.

I didn't know that they made hybrid stoves. What's next?! A fridge that goes to the stores & picks up the food for you?!! I know, don't give them any ideas! Hah!! 🤔
Yeah, to me a gas top and elec. oven is the best combo. Electric ovens are more accurate than gas ovens imo.

It’s rare that I have all the burners covered, so what I do is set one to med-hi or so and another to med, or whatever combination I think I need, and then I move whatever I’m cooking around accordingly, sort of like using an Aga with its two burners, or like a wood stove, which is what I grew up with.
Yeah, I do that when I have the opportunity. Cheers

I have electric. Theoretically there is a gas line we could tap into, not sure how much that would cost. Some days I'm tempted.

I have electric. Theoretically there is a gas line we could tap into, not sure how much that would cost. Some days I'm tempted.
You'll find that once the kids grow up and move out you typically have more money to spend on things like that, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom