Who Uses Placemats?

Back to the placemats......:wink:

We always use them because it helps to keep the tablecloth clean. We have black slate ones and purple fabric ones....which ones we use depends on what we want the table to look like. Even when we're away in the motorhome we use placemats or occasionally a vinyl tablecloth - its just nicer to have the table set properly.

You use a tablecloth? :ohmy:
For aesthetic reasons rather than practical......we want a white topped table for the dining room and we haven't yet found the right one. So a white table cloth gives the same effect until we find the perfect table :okay:
On holiday the vinyl tablecloth is useful when we're using wooden picnic benches because they can sometimes be a bit grubby.

We use tablemats here as well. A few years ago I replaced all of our drinks mats with wooden wombat ones.

DSC_4068.JPG

This Christmas I spotted some similar tablemats and given that they were reduced because the shop had a 20% we're moving sale on, I treated us to them.
Each one is a different Australian mammal/bird. Some work really well with a plain colour underneath them because they're designed to make use of your tablecloths (which we don't have).

DSC_4066.JPG

Now I want some coasters. :)

I was looking at tableware/cutlery sets - forks, knives & spoons, on line. Saw some pretty sets that came in gold, rose gold & black. Not sure about eating with black forks, etc. Then I looked at clear square plates. This thread has a snowball effect. Lol

Back
Top Bottom