Why is my cream waxy?

I understand now what you meant. I get confused sometimes (and often it's entirely my own fault). :oops:
You're fine. It's not you, it's the internet. After all this time, communication is still a challenge sometimes. Were we talking in person, we'd have already moved on. :)

OMG!
Back to the question. I use Heavy Whipping Cream in my coffee. I have tried adding cream to the coffee and adding coffee to the cream - put cream in the cup then add the coffee. Adding coffee to cream reduces the curdle. I still have a waxy residue in the cup. What gives with that?

OMG!
Back to the question. I use Heavy Whipping Cream in my coffee. I have tried adding cream to the coffee and adding coffee to the cream - put cream in the cup then add the coffee. Adding coffee to cream reduces the curdle. I still have a waxy residue in the cup. What gives with that?
I don't know, unless it's actually the coffee. Coffee (and tea), of course, can leave an oily residue, but I've never heard of a waxy film.

Have you changed coffee recently, or opened a new bag? Does your coffee machine need a cleaning/descaling? Have you tried heating the cream in the microwave to get it closer to the temp of the coffee? Is it a new bottle of cream (maybe it's just a bad bottle)? Is it the cup? Maybe it's the cup!

Obviously, I'm just floating ideas, but as long as it tastes ok, I'd probably 🤷🏻‍♂️ and drink it. :)

It sounds like it's a repeat issue. And it's waxy and not oily? I just dunno.

Mine just looks weird and then leaves that residue. Didn't change coffee and have gone through several cream cartons and it doesn't seem to matter whether the cream is fresh from grocery or been in fridge for a while.

Just FYI, we were at one of the breakfast joints we went to before COVID-19 and the server brought a little old lady eating by herself a dish filled with the little creamer jugs. She said something to the server, who then picked up the dish, left, then returned a few minutes later with 1 of those metal serving containers with the spout and lid, which obviously had something cold in it as there was condensation. Sure enough, what she poured into her coffee was either milk or half-n-half. So ask if you don't want the nondairy stuff.

OMG!

Yeah, this thread is taking the long way to go a short distance.

CD

I'm so sorry for being responsible for the hijacking. And I still don't know why the coffee is waxy, although I have many, many times had an oily residue from using cream. It's just fat from the cream and I have no other explanation. Waxy doesn't make sense.

I'm so sorry for being responsible for the hijacking. And I still don't know why the coffee is waxy, although I have many, many times had an oily residue from using cream. It's just fat from the cream and I have no other explanation. Waxy doesn't make sense.

Just to throw something in the pot, nz being a big dairy exporter we produce the thickest richest cream I've ever tasted. You can't buy it here, it's exported only. I know a guy who works at a dairy factory and they get the odd chance to "acquire " some. It's like butter almost consistency, that leaves a thick lining when it's finished. I havnt had it in a few years but it's still available overseas!

Russ

Ok. All of your input is appreciated.
This morning I really paid attention to my coffee cup after drinking the coffee. Yes a film. I may be over reacting. Maybe a fat residue from heavy cream that feels waxy. IDK. I am bored and wanted to start some kind of discussion.
Sorry all.

Ok. All of your input is appreciated.
This morning I really paid attention to my coffee cup after drinking the coffee. Yes a film. I may be over reacting. Maybe a fat residue from heavy cream that feels waxy. IDK. I am bored and wanted to start some kind of discussion.
Sorry all.

I thought it was a good topic, reminded me of that cream I can't get at the moment. :)

Russ

Back
Top Bottom