Worst Pizza Ever

apike

Veteran
Local time
11:43 PM
My husband and I talk about this a lot. Pizza is such an important, delicious part of our lives that it's infuriating when we see/taste disgusting pizza.

I haven't tasted this pizza before but I can honestly say that I think the worst pizza I've ever heard of was some weird sushi pizza that I saw on "Kitchen Nightmares." To me, that just seems like the worst thing imaginable. I'm not much of a seafood fan, but even if I was, that seems like a terrible idea.

What's the worst pizza you can think of or have tasted?

I guess I'm thinking of this because my husband is actually making homemade pizza tonight (and it will NOT be sushi). :)

I'm sure I've mentioned it in another thread, but the worst one I've had was on a campsite in France where the four cheese pizza seemed like a good idea. Of course if I'd thought about it a bit longer I should have forseen that it would have been four French cheeses rather than the four Italian ones I'd anticipated :rolleyes:. Roquefort does not work on pizza in my opinion.:eek: :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Second worst was at a chippy in Tywyn where they deep-fried it in with the fish.:yuck:

OH GROSS. I know that seafood is alright on pizza for some people, but I just can't agree with that. When I think pizza, I don't think seafood. Haha, French cheeses on pizza. I'm picturing a really smelly, overwhelming pizza. That just seems like a bad idea. I wonder if the French four cheese pizza was a popular menu item. OH I also can't stand that whole "buffalo chicken pizza" trend. No, no, no. It's just asking for a gross, bad time.

I think sushi pizza could be good if done right, but I agree that it doesn't really sound all that appealing. I don't mind experimentation with toppings as long as they work well together, and as for the worst pizza I've tasted or seen, I just dislike certain types of crusts - even ones that many like. I think I'm weird like that when it comes to pizza, as I sometimes like the cheaply made ones that have a bread-like crust, which I'm sure it will appall most pizza enthusiasts.

I like greasy pizza. I'm admitting it! The greasier, the better to me. I have no idea why. It just has a great taste, lol. I don't get to eat pizza that often anymore but when I really want it, I'll make flatbread pizza. It's not as good as a real pizza but it's not terrible. I think toppings are meant to be messed with! My favorite pizza has to be supreme or plain old cheese. I also love spinach pizza. For me, I'm really picky about sauce. I tend to not like overly sweet sauce. Places like Pizza Hut seem to put too much sugar in their pizza sauce and I just don't care for it!

I left a review about the worst pizza I'd had: http://www.yelp.com/biz/holme-style-pizza-philadelphia?hrid=negiV4bbfxbLq9iNTc6JoA (Mine is Quirky J., of course, and yes, that's my picture up top, too).

I hate leaving bad reviews, but this was seriously bad pizza....and it was only cheese!

At least if I were trying a sushi pizza, it would have a good reason to be potentially bad. Cheese pizza shouldn't be difficult, though...

Oh lord. That just sounds bad! It sounds like that place doesn't even need to be in business! I see it's in Philadelphia. That brings me to the best pizza I've had and that was actually in Lansdale, PA. My husband is from Philadelphia and we would frequently stay in Lansdale at his grandmother's house. The place is called Ray's and they have wonderful pizza. If you ever get the chance, try them!

Oh lord. That just sounds bad! It sounds like that place doesn't even need to be in business! I see it's in Philadelphia. That brings me to the best pizza I've had and that was actually in Lansdale, PA. My husband is from Philadelphia and we would frequently stay in Lansdale at his grandmother's house. The place is called Ray's and they have wonderful pizza. If you ever get the chance, try them!

Yes! The Philly area does have some amazing pizza. Unfortunately, this little area on the outskirts has several really, really BAD delivery joints. I don't understand how they even stay in business for many of them. I guess people just like quick, cheap food and they aren't necessarily looking for high quality at that point.

I actually through out a whole pizza from one of them because I couldn't even eat it at all... :( I won't leave them a negative review, though, since I didn't technically try it. I don't think it would be fair, despite how awful it looked and smelled.

I studied abroad in Japan in college and let me tell you, they will put anything and everything on their pizza. We often went to one restaurant in particular just to try their crazy seasonal pizza flavors. Squid-corn-mayonnaise pizza was what did it for me. Hands down the weirdest pizza I have ever eaten. Awful textures, strange seafoody mayonnaise flavor... I generally don't like to promote the image of Japan as such a wacky country, but in this aspect the stereotype is a little true.

How do people get pizza SO wrong?! I know that finding amazing new foods is through trial and error but I have always thought that pizza is just not something you mess with. Okay, mayo on pizza...NO oh God that makes me want to gag. I'm thinking of it being some weird hot mayo. I think one of the worst pizzas I've had was from a place called Pizza Patron. It looked and tasted like cardboard. Like they had taken a cardboard box, cut it into a circle and put some fake cheese on top. You could actually take a slice and hit it against something and it would make a "thud" sound. That was supposed to be a fresh pizza. I've never gone back to that place but they are still open! And they have other stores!

I like sushi so that's probably one I'd enjoy. :hungry:

To answer your question, though... the worst pizza I've ever had. I'd have to say almost any frozen pizza. I used to buy them (ick!) but when I started making my own, I realized just how bad those grease-laden and cardboard tasting frozen pizzas really were.

To answer your question, though... the worst pizza I've ever had. I'd have to say almost any frozen pizza. I used to buy them (ick!) but when I started making my own, I realized just how bad those grease-laden and cardboard tasting frozen pizzas really were.

I see frozen pizzas like I do Taco Bell, McDonald's, etc. Taco Bell isn't REAL Mexican, McDonald's doesn't serve REAL burgers, and frozen pizza can't rightly be compared to REAL pizza either..... but it doesn't mean they can't each fill a craving. I love me a cheap, cardboardy frozen pizza from time to time! I know they're not real and they're not the best thing ever, but I actually crave them now and then. Oy!

Haha, French cheeses on pizza. I'm picturing a really smelly, overwhelming pizza.
Your picture is pretty much spot on.:thumbsup:

I wonder if the French four cheese pizza was a popular menu item.
Don't know about that - we were only at the site a week. It's a shame as the dough was freshly prepared on site and it was baked in a proper charcoal-fired pizza oven (shame about the chimney fire later in the week, but that's another story) so if I'd picked a different pizza it would have been great.:rolleyes:

The 4 cheese pizza is quite popular in France. I personally am not the biggest fan of it, as I think a pizza needs more than just cheese. Blue cheese DOES work on a pizza, but obviously with only some types of pizzas. For example, add blue cheese to a ham & pineapple pizza and it's amazing!

The 4 cheese pizza is quite popular in France. I personally am not the biggest fan of it, as I think a pizza needs more than just cheese. Blue cheese DOES work on a pizza, but obviously with only some types of pizzas. For example, add blue cheese to a ham & pineapple pizza and it's amazing!

Okay, I think I could do that. The blue cheese and ham and pineapple doesn't sound half bad. Almost like chicken cordon bleu but in pizza form. I could get behind that. Now I'm determined to make an interesting pizza with toppings I don't normally use, lol. I may just have to see what I can come up with this week!

Back
Top Bottom