Worst Pizza Ever

I love me a cheap, cardboardy frozen pizza from time to time! I know they're not real and they're not the best thing ever, but I actually crave them now and then. Oy!

Although I don't like the flavor, I know there are a few brands that offer a fairly decent selection of flavors... but my main reason for staying away from them is the nutrition label... after I read a few of those, I knew that I'd be making my own pizza most of the time.

Sushi pizza does not sound appealing in any shape or form. The thought of raw fish on crust just makes me really want to gag. I'm not much of a pizza person so I don't absolutely eat pizza unless its my very last resort. I will say there is one place that I dread going to eat because there pizza is so gross. That place is GattiLand. There sauce alone makes me sick. My kids adore Gattis so I make do maybe once a month just for them. When it comes to frozen pizza, I do not like Totino pizzas. Those frozen pizzas barely come with any cheese and/or toppings! If I wanted just a round bit of crust, I'd buy it! When I want pizza, I want mt toppings and all!

Although I don't like the flavor, I know there are a few brands that offer a fairly decent selection of flavors... but my main reason for staying away from them is the nutrition label... after I read a few of those, I knew that I'd be making my own pizza most of the time.

The key is not to look. :D Haha.
I do eat premade pizzas (rarely the frozen ones though since the store has good ones which are not frozen) quite often since they are good, very easy and fast and also quite cheap. I'd say I eat them at least once a week on average... mainly due to the easy and fast part.

I'm from L.A. which is the home of California Pizza Kitchen and I'll admit I like the ones with chicken and duck but I draw the line at seafood (even garlic shrimp, which has been on their menu forever).

As far as pizza places go, I don't care for Pizza Hut (too oily), Costco (too doughy), or Little Caesars (the outrageously low prices scare me and it looks strange). Not in love with Dominos either but I learned that if you go online to place an order and customize it, it's not too bad. Problem is that even for extra sauce it an become a super expensive pizza.

As soon as I saw the thread, I thought: "That disgusting four cheeses pizza that I once ate in France will surely surprise them!" Lo and behold it's one of the top answers, and no wonder. I really dislike blue cheese, and to put it on top of a pizza just seems like a... sacrilege.

I owned a wood fired pizza place a few years back and had the great idea of introducing a dessert pizza. It mainly had canned fruits (pineapple, peaches and fresh banana) on, but the people found the combination too strange and it did not sell, even though it was really delicious. Another local company has since also started making a dessert pizza on which they serve ice-cream with with chocolate sauce.

The worst pizza that I ever had was one with a lot of olives and different sausages on it. It was so nasty. I ended up ordering a different pizza.

Caserta's in Providence is the worst place to get pizza! The crust is too thick and it isn't even made from a pizza dough!! It looks more like a thick heavy biscuit bread, rather than a nice thin crust!! :eek:

I don't think I like the idea of a sweet pizza. The worst pizza I have ever had is any out of a freezer. I hate them. I like freshly made pizzas and my favorite is Pizza Hut deep pan with pepperoni, spicy beef and jalepenos..

A "sushi" pizza might have worked for me if the crust were perhaps a giant corn tortilla that had been fried, and maybe the sushi rolls were sliced thinner. But honestly the end result would be more like eating some fresh ceviche with nacho chips (which is wonderful!) rather than something I would label a "pizza". The closest thing qualifying it as a pizza would merely be its shape.

The worst pizza's I've had would have to be those super cheap, cardboard like pizzas, with barely any sauce or toppings on them that you can get at your grocery store for like less than a $1, or shrink wrapped in a 3-pack for like $2.50. The cardboard they come packaged on is actually thicker (and perhaps more tasty) than the crust itself. The sauce tastes like watered down tomato soup, and the "cheese" if it's even real, strangely has no flavor at all.

A runner up would be this weird taco pizza that one of our local Pizza Hut's was selling back in the early 90's. It was dough, with refried beans spread on it, then it was topped with cheese and some veggies (like olives and onions). It was a total starch/carb bomb. The refried beans got so dry during the baking process that you would need a whole bottle of pop just to wash down one slice, otherwise you would choke on it. The pizza was even worse as a leftover.

The worst pizza I've tasted was the spinach pizza. I don't mind having veggies on my pizza but this one tasted somewhat like barf to me. Another bad one I tried was the sweet corn pizza which lacked the other full bodied flavor of other ingredients. Everything was bland including the corn. This one was packed as a free pizza together with an order of a meaty pizza. Now that explains why it was given for free.

I actually love the French four cheese (even 6 sometimes) pizza, so I guess that this makes me an alien around here? :D
One thing I'm tired of finding in pizzas these days though is anything potato related; potato slices or even worse... FRIES! Seriously who on earth figured out that putting fries on a pizza would be a good idea?

My neighbor sells this pizza with cheese and ham toppings. The dough is so thick and hard, that eating it might break your teeth. LOL. Fortunately, those pizzas are only delivered to them meaning that they are just resellers. Sadly, my other neighbors really love buying this product. I do not understand why!

Back
Top Bottom