Would Olives Freeze Well?

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
11:59 AM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
Back in the day (pre-COVID) I'd go to the supermarket olive bar, and pick about 10-12 olives, generally a mix of a couple favorite types of pitted olives, and take this home. I only really want olives about once a month or so, and that would do me.

Now they sell pint sized pre-filled containers of the things - all one type, or sometimes all types together including some I'm not interested in.

I've been considering buying one pint each of my favorites and freezing them for future use. Do olives freeze well with no loss of character?

They can be frozen without a problem. I just buy a supply that fits into my rotation and repurchase. Generally that's about 3 months. I'll let someone else give you tips for that simply because I've never done it. Love olives.

Back in the day (pre-COVID) I'd go to the supermarket olive bar, and pick about 10-12 olives, generally a mix of a couple favorite types of pitted olives, and take this home. I only really want olives about once a month or so, and that would do me.

Now they sell pint sized pre-filled containers of the things - all one type, or sometimes all types together including some I'm not interested in.

I've been considering buying one pint each of my favorites and freezing them for future use. Do olives freeze well with no loss of character?

I'm confused....., why don't you try it:smug:

Back
Top Bottom