Would you eat sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce and bacon crumbles?

Sweet potato fries? Definitely.

Bacon crumbles? Without a doubt.

Marshmallow sauce? Ya lost me.

That just seems a bit too sweet for my tastes.

I always had sweet potatoes at home and sometimes I just boiled it and eat it at breakfast or fry the sweet potato for my snack. This will just do good for me already and I always enjoy eating them this way.

I am not a huge fan of sweet potatoes or sweet potato fries to begin with. However, I would certainly try sweet potato fries with bacon pieces and marshmellow sauce though. I have an attitude of, I will try anything at least once. I have a pretty open mind with pretty open taste buds. :) I would try it, but my guess is that it wouldn't be one of my favorites. Ya never know unless you try! :)

Well.. I love sweet potato fries, and I have tried even garlic ice cream before... so I would definitely be open to try and eat the fries with marshmallow sauce and bacon!! It must taste interesting at least! I'm not the biggest fan of mixing sweet and salty, but in same cases it ends up working.

I can see the marshmallow sauce working with the fries. Think Thanksgiving yams topped with marshmallows, but I don't see how that combination works with bacon. I can also see the fries with bacon working, but not with the sauce. Too many flavors!

A San Francisco based catering company was serving sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce and bacon crumbles at a festival. Does that even sound remotely appealing to any of you? I know a lot people like the marshmallow combination in a lot of baked yam dishes, but to add bacon on top of it all seems way too over-the-top. I love sweet potato fries, but those toppings do absolutely nothing for me.

I posted the article with a picture for anyone interested: http://laughingsquid.com/sweet-potato-fries-with-marshmallow-sauce-and-bacon-crumbles/

I love the idea of the marshmallow, but not sure about the bacon. And I'm not just saying that because I don't eat pork. I just think that it should stay in the white potato category. I would add raisins instead! I've had raisins and marshmallows mixed my my sweet potatoes many times before and it always comes out as a fun, sweet snack like dessert!

Back
Top Bottom