Would you eat this food?

MrMajeika

Local time
1:14 AM
Went to a family memorial service earlier. It was first at the burial ground and then back at the house with food etc. The food was picked up at 8am. People didn't come back until about 11am. Food was sandwiches. Tuna, smoked salmon, egg, cream cheese. There was no fridge space so the food was just sat at room temperature all that time. A couple of fans were placed by the table to keep the heat off the food and was all on sealed containers. Temperature at midday was around 26-28°C outside but maybe a bit cooler inside because of the fans and big doors open (around 80 Fahrenheit). I didn't eat anything cos i knew it was sat out for so long. Would you have eaten it or am I being fussy.

I have a cast iron stomach when it comes to stuff like that. I can't tell you how many Florida picnics and outdoor parties I went to where the temps were close to 100F/37C and much of the food sat out on a table, sometimes in the hot sun, covered with wrap or in containers but it was hot and humid out. And Thanksgiving dinner food sat out for hours in the kitchen area and people went back for seconds and thirds. I never got sick and don't know if anyone else ever did, I don't think so. So yeah, I probably would have eaten it with no worries (if I was even hungry, funerals and other sad events make me lose my appetite usually).

Okay we gotta put this thread back on track, LOL.

My problem would be 50% food safety, and 50% personal preference for those sandwich fillings to be cold (minus the salmon, of course, I’m not eating that, so have it boiling hot for all I care :laugh: ).

If it didn't smell bad I'd eat it.

1658107150651.jpeg

However, my sense of smell has deteriorated substantially in the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom