Would you swap a Starbucks coffee for a McDonald's coffee?

We have 5 Starbucks in my general vicinity. Maybe a couple more if you include grocery store locations. Most are closing early or not opening at all some days because of lack of product. No pastries and they run out of coffee.
Gas station coffee tastes better, usually Farmer Bros and the gas station has decent pastries. Save $5 over Starbucks on top of that.

Friend owns a lucrative BMW dealership and has an issue with Starbucks.\ He owns the building and the dirt it sits on, bank note paid off long ago. Sometime I have to pay for Starbucks out of pocket and I tip generously all the time. Those baristas aren't there because they want to be. Body in motion all the time, or sent home.

He's beside himself I do business at Starbuck. I usually have free cards from my sis, or patients give them to my wife as thank you's.
Wife doesn't drink coffee so I use them and buy her something else of course.
But still, he doesn't want me drinking Starbucks.
Crazy world full of crazy people.

Our local mall used to have two Starbucks, but they closed one. That reminded me of this Lewis Black stand-up sketch. Starbucks kicks in at the one-minute mark.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg-J2TS13GA

CD

When I was in my 20s, I had coffee with cream and sugar. That was also around the time I started working fulltime. My favorite meal is breakfast, and of course I'd have coffee with it when I'd eat out. Everything would be great until the helpful server topped off my coffee cup with freshly brewed coffee. Now, the proportions are all off, so I'd have to recalibrate, adding just the right amount of sugar and cream to restore the balance. That would last until the next time I had my cup topped off.

I got tired of having to spend time remixing my cup every time, so I decided to start drinking it black. I've enjoyed it that way ever since.

To the subject of this thread: I'll happily take a $1 McDonald's black coffee over a $2 Starbucks black coffee. Or, better still, I'll just make my own at home for maybe 10 cents a cup.

I don't know what sorcery mcdonald's is using for the coffee but I like it, more than the one served in many other Cafés and more than the one I make.
My cousin likes starbucks coffee, I never had one, but it's more a question of the money not the image. The best coffee brews an experienced waiter in the restaurant I'm get trained to be a professional cook.
Stay healthy

There is a small chain of restaurants here called Cafe Brazil. Back in the 90s, I worked close to one downtown (Dallas). They had very good coffee, and in early morning hours, they kept a big carafe of coffee on the bar, with cups, sugar and milk. It was self serve, and cost a dollar -- which was paid on the honor system. You put your dollar in a big, glass jar. I stopped there every morning around 7AM.

CD

Back
Top Bottom