SatNavSaysStraightOn

A Reforming Perfectionist
Staff member
Local time
9:07 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
[Mod.Edit: This and following few posts moved to form new topic (MG)]

I had to chuckle, because when someone has a picture of a person as their avatar, regardless of who that person is, that's what I come to think of them as looking like, and when you said "redhead with very fair and exceptionally pale skin," my first thought was, "What?! You're a somewhat tanned blonde!" :laugh:
I use the same avatar across a number of sites including what was the sister site to CB, cyclechat.net the owner of whom founded this site. When I tried to change my avatar on that site to something else, I was contacted continuously asking me to putt it back to what it was.... I was on both sites at the time (I still venture to CC from time to time but am no longer a moderator there) so had the same avatar on both. I've just never really found another suitable one... but I guess I could come up with one or two from Firefly... but then would anyone notice here?

Last edited by a moderator:

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
5:07 AM
but I guess I could come up with one or two from Firefly... but then would anyone notice here?
Here's a funny thing - I strongly identify posters with their avatars, more so than their names. I don't think "SatNavSaysStraightOn," for example, as much as I think "Blonde Leather Xena-Like Person." When I want to include someone with an "@," I usually have to go check their name.

That said...I change my avatar all the time! :laugh:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

A Reforming Perfectionist
Staff member
Local time
9:07 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:07 AM
Here's a funny thing - I strongly identify posters with their avatars, more so than their names. I don't think "SatNavSaysStraightOn," for example, as much as I think "Blonde Leather Xena-Like Person." When I want to include someone with an "@," I usually have to go check their name.

Well I guess I'm at an advantage then as my screen name is the same as my avatar. Or do you just think of me as blue flower?

medtran49

Guru
Local time

She actually is a "blonde leather-like Xena person." She was Xena's nemisis throughout most of the show, though I think they may have started out as friends, maybe ended as friends, but I don't really remember, or her name either.

ETA: oops, didn't read through the whole thread before posting. I'd have gotten the Firefly references too.

medtran49

Guru
Local time
Callisto (as mentioned by MrsDangermouse

River Tam or Zoe (Washburn) would be the equivalent. Probably Zoe the closest but River comes in a very close second.

But I'd happily consider both Kayley & Inara as options!

River definitely after she got her memories back in the movie. Zoe before that.

Ooh, I forgot, my avatar is our first pack of pugs, conveniently arranged per age, youngest on the left.

Top Bottom