Your favorite Christmas music

I'm not a fan, but I like this version of the song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApC_k7aCQ2o
My favorite presentation of the same song is Rosemary Clooney's. I love the roughness and sincerity in her voice (which is not as delicate and tremulous as Judy Garland's):

A Finnish Christmas song by Jean Sibelius; close to my heart because we've sung it since my childhood:

Last edited:
I love Christmas music...and there's some arrangements mentioned on here that I'm not familiar with. But I can't bring myself to listen to them quite yet :wink:

What music I listen to really depends on my mood....the cheesy Christmas pop songs mixed in with the classic songs from is the default setting. We always have at least one evening watching a music TV station Christmas compilation with a few drinks....so cheesy, but its fun. But I also really enjoy classical music, and (back before streaming was a thing) this was my go-to classical Christmas album: A Classic Christmas its a nice collection of classical pieces and carols.

Our local radio station used to broadcast an online Christmas radio station in the run up to Christmas....100% Christmas music :hyper: But sadly they were taken over by one of the national radio companies this year and most of the old staff have left and the local content has been cut. I've no idea if they'll continue the Christmas station but even if they do then I doubt we'd tune in.

I love Mannheim Steamroller!

But I am sorry, Elizabeth, I will plunge my head and ears into hot wax before listening to Whitney Houston, Christmas or otherwise.

I actually really like old time Christmas carols. You know, the religious ones. We grew up singing those, and caroling with those. I like listening to Neil Diamond or Amy Grant (when they aren't singing the Bing Crosby stuff).

i am listening to the songs here new to me (avoiding the Whitney one like the plague).

Discovered some new things here I really like:

• Pentatonix
  • Otis Redding (while I normally dislike this song, this version is awesome. But then again, it's Otis Redding.)
  • Chris Rea
  • Christmas Metal Songs - Carol of the Bells
  • Dolly Parton (another song that gets old fast but it works in her hands)
  • Jean Sibelius
Thanks. I'll post a couple things here later on this week.

But I am sorry, Elizabeth, I will plunge my head and ears into hot wax before listening to Whitney Houston, Christmas or otherwise.

I actually really like old time Christmas carols. You know, the religious ones. We grew up singing those, and caroling with those. I like listening to Neil Diamond or Amy Grant (when they aren't singing the Bing Crosby stuff).

Same here, not a Whitney fan.

Same for me about Whitney Houston :headshake:

I have not started playing Christmas music. After Thanksgiving Pandora will be set on Christmas music. If G is home he complains because I crank up the volume.:laugh:

I LOVE Christmas music. I like music in general (not big on tv so music is my "escape").

Back in the day, my ex would literally break ALL of my Christmas music CDs on December 26th. He didn't understand that I liked listening to it even if it wasn't the season. So, every year I would have to reorder my favorites. After we separated, he would come in the house (for whatever reason) and turn off Pandora the whole time he was there. Now, I only see him about 3 times/year (when he lets me see the kids) so I only have to endure his control of my remote control when that happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom