Your favorite room temperature hors d'oeuvre

I was also thinking about the idea to bring frittata. You can prepare it in advance and eat it cold.
Cut it into cubes before serve it.
Or make two/three kind of frittate: onion, pea, bacon, or whatever you prefer...
That can also look very festive, with red, green, and gold bell peppers.

Oh, oh! Bowls of popcorn, done sweet and savory! You can even do little popcorn balls, coated in colored corn syrup, like little ornaments!

Also, they're kind of passé now, but cakepops would work, too. And murphyscreek did some rum balls recently that would work well.

Caponata with fresh sliced bakery bread.
Caprese skewers.
Cold grilled shrimp.
Red pepper jelly and green pepper jelly thumbprint cookies.
Single short skewer of 1 jumbo shrimp wrapped around a grape tomato and large basil leaf.
Homemade duck prosciutto.
Baked kale chips.

Thank you all for your amazing suggestions. On my list are some tried and true favorites. A Brie topped with fig preserves, wrapped in puff pastry. Chicken liver pate topped with fig preserves and crusted with toasted crushed pecans. Pig Candy- candied bacon. I like the idea of stuffed eggs. Have not done that in years. Two batches. One savory and one savory sweet.
Caprese spears for sure.
I have never tried Biscotti but would like to try.

I think we're going to try a recipe this week in this month's Food and Wine mag, parm and black pepper biscuits with parm frico top and bottom crusts, split with some prosciutto, serrano or country ham. They'll be part of a tapas/appy/hors d'oeuvres meal. The biscuits can be served warm or at room temp. The ham was my idea, though it was pretty much the first thought when I saw the recipe.

I think we're going to try a recipe this week in this month's Food and Wine mag, parm and black pepper biscuits with parm frico top and bottom crusts, split with some prosciutto, serrano or country ham. They'll be part of a tapas/appy/hors d'oeuvres meal. The biscuits can be served warm or at room temp. The ham was my idea, though it was pretty much the first thought when I saw the recipe.
Here, we can buy country ham in "biscuit slices" size - I posted those earlier. That would be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom