Your Favorite TV programs

TastyReuben I have a show for you:

The Boys - what if superheroes were real but weren’t so noble? What if their superpowers accidentally hurt people, and a mega corporation marketed merchandise for them and cleaned up their messes for them to keep their squeaky clean reputations? Jack Quaid - son of Dennis Quaid - is one of the people who want to expose them for the frauds they are.

That’s the story here and wow is it ever refreshing. There are 2 seasons available on Amazon Prime.

TastyReuben I have a show for you:

The Boys - what if superheroes weren’t so noble? What if their superpowers accidentally hurt people, and a mega corporation cleaned up their messes for them to keep their squeaky clean reputations? Jack Quaid - son of Dennis Quaid - is one of the people who want to expose them for the frauds they are.

That’s the story here and wow is it ever refreshing. There are 2 seasons available on Amazon Prime.
That sounds like a really interesting angle.

With Paul Whitehouse? Yeah, they used to play that on BBCA (in between uninterrupted days of Star Trek Next Gen 🤦🏻‍♂️). I believe that was the show (I've mentioned this before) that had possibly the funniest nonsensical line in the history of comedy. PW as a local burglar, a little kid sees him and says that he wants to be just like him when he grows up, so PW gives him some advice to be careful what he wishes for and sums it up with this gem of confusion:

"My son, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I will eat your dog."

I absolutely cannot stop laughing once I say it. I'm laughing now. I use it all the time IRL. Always leaves people trying to figure out if I've just threatened them or if I'm merely crazy. :laugh:

The Late Night Gourmet - I think we just watched that Dracula series...something like three episodes and it has a massive time shift?

We also watched Dispatches From Elsewhere, and I was heavily engrossed in that, but ultimately felt let down by the ending, if you could call it that.

We also just watched The Postmaster from Terry Pratchett - that was excellent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8_U0q1jpzo

Oh, we also watched The Windsors not long ago. We loved that. It was hard to pick which caricature was best, but Harry Enfield as a hopelessly out-of-touch Prince Charles was good and Vicki Pepperdine as some kind of horror-movie version of Princess Anne was delightfully spooky, but everyone did so well, it's hard to pick a favorite.

We also watched Dead Still and The Suspicions Of Mr. Whicher recently. The former was ok, but Mr. Whicher was nice, though.

It's been a couple of years, but we really loved Dickensian. That was a weird blend, bringing together many of Dickens' most well-known characters into one story.

We also watched the first season of Space Force. The first episode was among the worst things I've ever seen, but I gave it another chance solely because John Malkovich is in it, and he's got a very dry comedy style, and I'm glad I did because it improved immediately.

We also started the second (and final) season of NOS4A2. One episode in and I'm already bored. You'd think a show that mixes horror and Christmas would be right up my alley, but the story feels like they're just making it up as they go along.

Also watching "At Home With Amy Sedaris," which is a hilariously satirical cooking/crafts show. Very surreal, sort of like a cross between Martha Stewart and Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Back
Top Bottom