Your Favourite Burger Sauce

I´m pretty boring when it comes to burgers. Generally, tomato ketchup, mustard, (Colman´s) and slices of dill pickles. Occasionally, I´ll change the slice of cheese for a bit of blue cheese.
I´ve tried the "Burger Sauce" in the UK, as well as the Turkish garlic sauce, but I´m quite happy with my ketchup and mustard.

I think I posted this before on this forum, but I love Big Macs and got quite excited when I heard that Big Mac Special Sauce was going on sale a few years back in certain countries. I bought a bottle of it in Sydney but as soon as they put it in my hand I realised it needed to stay refrigerated, and the ingredients IIRC listed raw egg. Well, I didn't have any means to keep it cool for a 9 hour flight back to Singapore so didn't want to risk getting sick, so I dumped it. :(

In hindsight maybe I should have given it a go...

At the restaurant you could order little tubs of it for dipping fries in too. That's all over now. Maybe they 60th birthday will bring it back.

1668059664152.png

Other than that, I like the 'Fry Sauce' J. Kenji Lopez-Alt has in his Food Lab book, which is very similar to this.

Back
Top Bottom