Your favourite pasta shapes

I like all different shapes and sizes of pasta! It really does not make a huge difference to me as I love all pasta!! When I make macaroni and cheese I love to use the shells. I like how the cheese sticks inside the shells. However when I make pasta salad, I absolutely love to use the swirly pasta. I'm pretty easy going when it comes to pasta shapes. :) My nieces love it when my sister buys them the cartoon character pasta shapes. I always thought they were really cute as well! My absolute favorite kind of pasta is when I make it homemade. When I make it homemade I usually just make regular shaped noodles.

If I want something fast and easy, penne is my choice of pasta. However if I'm talking about taste and consistency that I love the most, I go with fettuccine, which I'm obsessed about! I'm embarrassed to say, though, that I can be a bit messy with fettuccine if I eat in a hurry because everytime some sauce tends to end up in my shirt.... but I love it anyway!

My favorite would probably have to be penne pasta served with a tomato and basil based sauce and mushrooms and topped off with shaved parmasen. Just thinking about it is making me hungry ha ha.

I love bow pasta! I don't know if that is the correct name but it's lovely to look at, that's just me being a girl though :P

I love bow pasta! I don't know if that is the correct name but it's lovely to look at, that's just me being a girl though :P
Farfalle is the one I think you may be referring to!

pasta3.jpg

My favourite is spaghetti for some reason... long and thin just like noodles and I can have great fun getting really messy trying to wind them up on the spoon! :D Just like being a kid again only without the parent to tell me off! :laugh:

I only like the swirlly pasta in a fresh pasta salad other than that I usually just use rigatoni, elbow or shells.

I had no idea it was called that at all, haha! And I buy it all the time. It just goes to show how much attention I pay whilst shopping. Thanks for finding that chart, I didn't know there was so many types! Still love the Bow Pasta though :P

It honestly depends on what type of meal I'm going to make.

Spaghetti or rotini/rotelli for a spaghetti type food. Penne for chicken alfredo. Shells for mac 'n cheese. Elbow noodles for hostdish involving cream of chicken and cream of mushroom.

Honestly, my favorite shape is probably a kid-friendly shape called Wagon Wheels. I don't know why, but I've always found them more delicious than other shapes, even though it's all probably in my head. I enjoy eating the outter rim off of the spikes.

I love trying to make the flat pasta fresh using a pasta roller. I can never get it quite right but it's so fun making it!:) I've tried ravioli too and the pasta was so thick. I love pasta so much

Does ravioli count!? :D I've been enjoying tagliatelle with leeks and bacon in a cheese sauce lately, but spaghetti is really versatile so I'll probably go for that.

Penne and Rigatoni are both great, but my favourite must be the Cavatelli(the shells), I don't know what it is about them but I love eating them, especially with a Tuna bake or something like that.

I have two favorite pasta shapes. I love the bowtie pasta for making a cold tuna noodle casserole. It just makes it more fun! And I must have linguini for any spaghetti type of dish. The thicker noodle just creates a better experience for me.

My favorite are Cannelloni. I usually fill them with a hearty bolognese sauce and add a lot of Parmesan on top. I`ll just toss them into the oven for about 10 minutes, so that the cheese can melt. Nothing can beat a good tomato-cheese sauce with awesome pasta.

Back
Top Bottom