Your Photos

This beauty came through our garden yesterday... An echidna. My parents hadn't seen one before and couldn't believe how close you can get to them. They are similar to a European hedgehog but lay eggs rather than giving birth to live young. This is a full frame picture. I could have gotten closer if I'd wanted to, but I prefer to let them be. As you can see, this one has its beak out and was quite content. It would curl up like a hedgehog if it felt threatened.

A tour around my garden (well sort of... Only half of it. I was doing photos for the virtual house inspection that we now have to do and they wanted outside as well as inside, but the driveway, garage and various outbuildings are boring as are the paddocks, chook houses and other parts of the farm. )

My herb patch is just off to the right along with 2 potted olive trees. The lemon tree is just where the distant chook is and the 2 fig trees have taken a severe pruning are in the far center. The 'lake' is one of the dams that was empty right up until the middle of Feb when a half hour of torrential rain filled it and it's neighbour and washed away our road.

The veg plot. The curricular object with a piece of wood over it is actually the top of the septic tank!

My mother finds it amusing the my pumpkin climbs up a frame. Here in Australia it is normal to keep squashes of all sorts as climbers.
To the left are apple and pear, plus several quince trees. Sadly the big gum tree in the center died this summer, a casualty of the drought.

My parents arrived in our vehicle as I took this picture. Despite appearances, my garden lawn is not a lawn of grass but if mown weeds.

My Camilla rose is flowering for the second time this year, confused by the long drought into thinking it is spring again. My apple, pear, lemon, rosemary, lavender and many native plants are all doing the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom