Your Photos

Great pics dude! Did you use a tripod for all those long exposures?
Absolutely. I've been taking this COVID gap year to dial in my travel set up, this camera and glass and the tripod. It's from Peak Design and is about the size of a water bottle when fully collapsed, very light, but does a stellar job (imo). When we get back to globetrotting, I should have this kit fully dialed in and minimal fussing about.

Absolutely. I've been taking this COVID gap year to dial in my travel set up, this camera and glass and the tripod. It's from Peak Design and is about the size of a water bottle when fully collapsed, very light, but does a stellar job (imo). When we get back to globetrotting, I should have this kit fully dialed in and minimal fussing about.
Nice! I want that one! did you splurge on the CF model or go with aluminum?
I have also been refining my camera kit. My Peak Design 6L usually contains my Sony A6400, 2 spare batteries, Sony 10-18mm, Sony 18-135mm, Variable ND & CPL filters, a table-top tripod, and a Rode videomicro.

A few pictures from vacation...

Sunset from Villa 1:
DSC07823_sm.jpg

Morning Coffee in the infinity pool at Villa 3:
DSC07852_5x7_sm.jpg

View of the beach from Villa 3's swing:
DSC07786_5x7_sm.jpg

Looking back at Villa 3's swing and open deck:
DSC07898_sm.jpg

Nice! I want that one! did you splurge on the CF model or go with aluminum?
I have also been refining my camera kit. My Peak Design 6L usually contains my Sony A6400, 2 spare batteries, Sony 10-18mm, Sony 18-135mm, Variable ND & CPL filters, a table-top tripod, and a Rode videomicro.
Nah, the aluminum was fine for me. The weight savings weren't so drastic that I thought the juice was worth the squeeze.

New travel bag is being researched now, looking at the thinktank urban. Space for my drone, Nikon Z 7II with ND and CPL, 24-200 and the Osmo Pocket 2

Not very clear, but this was at about 4PM yesterday, neighbor's side yard:
View attachment 71622
Usually, they stick to the early morning hours, but not yesterday. I didn't get any closer because I didn't want to disturb them. They seemed to be having a relaxing time.

Deer used to sleep in our lake house lawn. We had nice, soft grass. My ex-wife and I were in the hot tub one night, and once our eyes adjusted to the darkness, we saw about 50 deer laying down in the yard.

BTW, we rarely saw the bucks. They stayed hidden in the woods most of the time. We saw does every day, walking down to the lake for water, and fawns during the right seasons.

CD

CD

Nah, the aluminum was fine for me. The weight savings weren't so drastic that I thought the juice was worth the squeeze.

New travel bag is being researched now, looking at the thinktank urban. Space for my drone, Nikon Z 7II with ND and CPL, 24-200 and the Osmo Pocket 2

I LOVE my Think Tank bags. Very well thought out, and very durable. My primary bag is an Urban Disguise that perfectly holds my D4 and three lenses, including a 70-200 (all my lenses are FX format, so they are not compact), and a MacBook Pro. It fits perfectly under an airline seat, even in Economy seating.

CD

I think those are shrivelled Morning Glories in the second image. You need to go back and photograph them in full flower. They open daily and each flower fades and shrivels as evening comes.
I'll head back over tomorrow around noon. I think I can find them again.

I'll head back over tomorrow around noon. I think I can find them again.
I'm now looking at the (yet to flower) morning glories in my window box. The leaves are a different shape compared to those in your photo so I'm now wondering if they are morning glories...

edit: just checked on-line and they seem to be wild morning glories (like I was once upon a time :ohmy:). They are pink rather than the blue in my avatar pic.

Back
Top Bottom