Your Photos

A random pic from our picnic site on Sunday

A little sign of Autumn. I can’t wait for it to arrive.

View attachment 89855
I've started to see the very definite like signs of spring and warmer weather in the last few days. Mozzies and flies are just starting to fly in these parts... time to get the chooks their fly guard stuff up and running again.

I've started to see the very definite like signs of spring and warmer weather in the last few days. Mozzies and flies are just starting to fly in these parts... time to get the chooks their fly guard stuff up and running again.

I’ve always found it so fascinating the opposite seasons between the two hemispheres.
I can’t wait for autumn to come back, the heat this Summer (and a good part of Spring) has been unbearable like never before.
And Autumn is very poetic.

Spotted this 360° sunhalo today whilst hubby was driving home from another consultants appointment. We couldn't stop being on the highway, so this was taken through an open car window whilst doing 100-110kph, staring directly into sun. Smartphone cameras just have a wide enough focal length to be able to capture the complete halo, if your aim is good when you can't see a thing and the road isn't straight...

Apologies for the varying blue background. I switched modes on the camera to capture the halo better after the first shot, but that means the blue changes...

when I first spotted it, it wasn't a complete halo, but the camera captured more of it than the human eye can see in a split second...

It disappeared completely almost immediately after I had taken this last shot..

The rainbow effect is caused by a particular type of ice crystal in the upper stratosphere and is a simple case of splitting the sun's rays... they usually occur when a weather change is due from better to worse and often precede storms. We're due rain tomorrow and Thursday is due to be exceptionally wet...

Back
Top Bottom