Your Photos

That’s one thing we notice immediately with the extreme weather we’ve had - no wildlife out at all. We usually have squirrels and rabbits bounding all over the back yard, but nothing right now.

Nothing to do with this year's weather but there hadn't been much wildlife around here for quite a while.

Delft is always beautiful, even when going to the dentist
20221227_110940.jpg

20221227_120804.jpg

20221227_120809.jpg

20221227_120811.jpg

Since I’m always talking about my brothers, here’s a rare, rare pic of all five of us together, at breakfast this morning:

View attachment 94761

I’m the youngest, smartest, and handsomest…and the funniest, and the best cook, and the best musician…and the humblest of them all! :wink:
Wow, turns out you aren't the weirdest one, that was a surprise.

Wow, turns out you aren't the weirdest one, that was a surprise.
According to them, I am. :laugh:

One of their (many) nicknames for me is “Zoolander” (or just “Zoo”) after the movie character, based on the scene where he goes back home to his family of West Virginia coal miners.

According to them, I am. :laugh:

One of their (many) nicknames for me is “Zoolander” (or just “Zoo”) after the movie character, based on the scene where he goes back home to his family of West Virginia coal miners.
I reckon the one on the left could dismantle a John Deere with his bare hands, and has done, more than once.

I reckon the one on the left could dismantle a John Deere with his bare hands, and has done, more than once.
That would describe all of them, except me and the one on my left. :laugh:

The one on my right is the most unique of us, and he’s the most…interesting. When I said I was the smartest, that was a joke, as he beats me by a mile.

That would describe all of them, except me and the one on my left. :laugh:

The one on my right is the most unique of us, and he’s the most…interesting. When I said I was the smartest, that was a joke, as he beats me by a mile.
To be honest, the one in the blue to your left looks like he could source you a hitman if you had need.

To be honest, the one in the blue to your left looks like he could source you a hitman if you had need.
Ok, let’s see, a little something about each one, starting with the one in the blue:

Retired loading dock worker, trained bricklayer, eats more deer than Robin Hood and His Merry Men, third oldest

The one with the whiskers, oldest one, retired, initially an electrical engineer, pretty high up the corporate structure at Fuji at one time, chucked in all in when he was 50 for a minimum-wage job (and no savings or golden parachute, because he spends it as fast as he gets it), designed and built his own house, lived in his truck (with his dog) for over a year, has had more wives and girlfriends than I can count, sited ICBMs for the Air Force in the ‘70’s, has set himself on fire (by accident) twice, and is without a doubt, the friendliest, nicest, most genuinely helpful person you will ever meet.

Then me, youngest, there are no words… 😬

Next to me, second-oldest, retired career Army and now a state-recognized elementary school teacher, the one we always assumed would end up in prison one day, but didn’t.

The last one is a mechanical genius and a real artist with anything he works on, whether it’s body work/painting cars, or detailed woodwork, or anything like that. He’s the one who can disassemble a tractor blindfolded and reassemble it into a fully-functioning Ferris wheel, if that’s what you want, I can count on one hand the things he’ll eat, and have fingers left over (he didn’t order breakfast), and if there’s one person who might possibly be nicer and more helpful than the other one, it’s him. Gentlest person I’ve ever known. Where the other one is very outgoing, though, this one is very introverted. He’s a truck driver, but he’s home every night, no overnight stuff. That’s another thing - he can drive anything that can be driven, and if you need an 18-wheeler backed sideways through and Esher maze…he’s your guy, fourth oldest, and there’s a sister between me and him.

That’s another thing - he can drive anything that can be driven, and if you need an 18-wheeler backed sideways through and Esher maze…he’s your guy, fourth oldest, and there’s a sister between me and him.

Can he drive a Ford Model-T? The only motor vehicle that has ever beaten me.

CD

Just come back from the chook enclosure. It's away from the house and they have separate feed up there, so it needs to be checked and topped up. I was also walking the perimeter of their electric fence, trading down the grass and checking the fence over when a movement in my peripheral vision caught my attention...

So busy trying not to electrocute myself, if failed to watch out for other 'gamers'. Luckily this one isn't a danger, it was just yelling and hissing at me saying "I WAS HERE FIRST!".

20230108121252_IMG_3297.JPG

20230108121349_IMG_3290 (1).JPG

Only yesterday hubby was bemoaning the lack of lizards he'd seen near to the house this year, so I high tailed it back to the house because this isn't any old lizard. It's a dragon. Actually it's an Eastern Bearded Dragon (Pogona barbata) and it's the first time we've seen one here, let alone inside the chook enclosure. No idea how it got in without electrocuting itself but it must have done and it was busy sunning itself on one of the many rocks inside the electric fence area.

I just grabbed a few photos of it close up (I needed to get to about within 50cm of it to get it to pose in this defensive posture) and then we left it in peace.

20230108121245_IMG_3295 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom