Your Photos

Gorgeous! I have got to make it there someday.

Yeah the nice bits are good. The rest isn't. I was a student there (Royal College of Art) and I lived in London for many years in central London, West London and East London (in that order) and often worked in central London. Now, in Kent, I'm only around 40 miles away (or an hour's train journey) and have no desire at all to visit. Its far too crowded for my liking.

Yeah the nice bits are good. The rest isn't. I was a student there (Royal College of Art) and I lived in London for many years in central London, West London and East London (in that order) and often worked in central London. Now, in Kent, I'm only around 40 miles away (or an hour's train journey) and have no desire at all to visit. Its far too crowded for my liking.
I completely understand this. I live about a 30min drive from San Francisco, it’s a gorgeous city that sees lots of tourism. With that said I’d never live there, too crowded, the homeless issue is out of control and the open air drug abuse by the homeless is absolutely unreal. Living here my entire life its sad to see such things happen to an otherwise beautiful city.

The view from our penthouse suite

We're in the Hague and could see as far as Delft and Rotterdam during daylight ❤️

I love the hotel life!

Wow, we are the same on that one. I like hotels, too... well, good ones. I used to go to a hotel in the area about once a year near some good restaurants, just to eat good food and stay in a luxurious room for a night. I haven't done that in a few years (since before Covid). I'd like to check into the new-ish Hyatt Regency in Frisco for a night. There is a lot of good food nearby, and the hotel is attached to a mall. Maybe after the holidays. I can stay at the hotel, eat at Perry's, and wander around Nordstrom (and not buy anything $$$$$).

Frisco Perry's Steakhouse & Grille® | Fine Dining in Dallas, Texas

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/texas/hyatt-regency-frisco-dallas/dfwro/rooms

CD

Last edited:
Very nice. It’s been awhile since I’ve been out to Texas in general, I need to get back out there to visit relatives and explore around a bit. Love the cloud pic from the Plane.

Very nice. It’s been awhile since I’ve been out to Texas in general, I need to get back out there to visit relatives and explore around a bit. Love the cloud pic from the Plane.

The only place I tell visitors to Texas that they have to go to is Austin. While there, do the Hill Country BBQ circuit. The best BBQ in Texas is within 50 miles or so of Austin, and the official motto for the city of Austin is, "Keep Austin Weird." :laugh:

CD

I love the hotel life!
Wow, we are the same on that one. I like hotels, too... well, good ones. I used to go to a hotel in the area about once a year near some good restaurants, just to eat good food and stay in a luxurious room for a night. I haven't done that in a few years (since before Covid). I'd like to check into the new-ish Hyatt Regency in Frisco for a night. There is a lot of good food nearby, and the hotel is attached to a mall. Maybe after the holidays. I can stay at the hotel, eat at Perry's, and wander around Nordstrom (and not buy anything $$$$$).

Frisco Perry's Steakhouse & Grille® | Fine Dining in Dallas, Texas

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/texas/hyatt-regency-frisco-dallas/dfwro/rooms

CD
Yeah me too , next year we're going more often . We agreed on that yesterday ❤️

Its a 'me too' moment! I love staying in good hotels. Sadly I'm not sure its possible anymore due to partner's dementia. I think he may get very confused by it and that wouldn't be very relaxing for me. We will see...

Its a 'me too' moment! I love staying in good hotels. Sadly I'm not sure its possible anymore due to partner's dementia. I think he may get very confused by it and that wouldn't be very relaxing for me. We will see...

Yeah, I get that. He could get disoriented by that kind of thing. He might enjoy it, but It's hard to know, for sure.

CD

I've been watched all day by this kookaburra

I was roughly 3-4m from it but only had by smartphone handy, not my big Canon camera. They always seem to know! I only zoomed in ×3.0 nothing more because it gets grainy otherwise. You can't quite see it's blue wing feathers in this photo sadly. It spent the day fishing on the lawn.

Back
Top Bottom