Your Photos

I feel a lot better than before I got into hospital, and I reckon it shows!

Some more London photos from the past few weeks:
  • The home of Twining´s Tea, in the Strand, founded in 1706.
  • St Paul´s Cathedral, at the end of Fleet St
  • My favourite tavern in Fleet St, founded in 1549 (curiously, the same year as my grammar school. Could that be a coincidence?) This pub apparently has the shortest "face" on to the street of any pub in London, and inside, it´s a passageway with tables on one side only.
  • Nelson on his column. looks a bit lonely up there!

Some more London photos from the past few weeks:
  • The home of Twining´s Tea, in the Strand, founded in 1706.
  • St Paul´s Cathedral, at the end of Fleet St
  • My favourite tavern in Fleet St, founded in 1549 (curiously, the same year as my grammar school. Could that be a coincidence?) This pub apparently has the shortest "face" on to the street of any pub in London, and inside, it´s a passageway with tables on one side only.
  • Nelson on his column. looks a bit lonely up there!
  • View attachment 92109

View attachment 92110View attachment 92113

View attachment 92112
I’ve been in that pub!

It's be one a bit of a habit to stop and photo the sheep pens and water pump for my mother to monitor the height of Lake George. After each flooding event, we're slowly losing the entire sheep own. When she and my stepfather were stranded here, the lake had very little water in it and these sheep pens were in use.

The wind turbine for drawing water up into the tank has been working overtime recently!

Now, however, they are populated by black swans and pelicans swimming in through the open gates.

If you enlarge the middle right of the photo below, you'll just be able to make out the double gates, still open but the fence is now totally submerged. The fence line is 90cm above ground with the barbed wire topping it out at usually 100-110cm height.

And below, the view.

Me harvesting some honey at a Meadery in Northern California.

The Mead here is served bubbly like French Champagne. Some flavors are always there while others rotate seasonally depending on what our little winged friends are pollinating. This day was Chicory, Orange Blossom and Hazelnut I believe.

9B68117E-17F5-4A7F-A25F-54BD6301164A.jpeg

1E175849-B04F-4C74-9E7F-03F9F4EE94ED.jpeg

BA1C61FF-C829-47E1-8707-54FFD8C31418.jpeg

63011A3E-BC56-4BAD-A784-355E462DC4D0.jpeg

Back from a few more adventures and that's it until April. Coastal Maine and Canada are just gorgeous this time of year, so luck to have made it. Have a lot of editing to go through but will share as I get through them.

Peggy's Cove Lighthouse
View attachment 92311
Really beautiful shot there. Living in Northern California on the coast I’ve always had a thing for lighthouses, I have a few really nice ones wishing a 9pm in drive from me. The Pint Sure Lighthouse is my favorite though I enjoyed all of them.

This is a nice construction and looks to still be operational though I’d imagine the lighting is all automated now like most of them these days. I’m sure it was hard wrk running one of these back in the day, getting supplies, weather etc. But wow what a view:wink:

Back
Top Bottom