A favorite restaurant of ours..

Dados1950

Über Member
Local time
9:54 AM
My wife and I live near Trenton, NJ.

In the Polish sectin of Trenton, there is th most delightful Polish restaurant.

Small,modest, very inexpensive,BYOB and GREAT food !

Owner always has my wife's favorite carrot salad prepared when we let her know we're coming.

I have never eaten Polish cuisine nor have I been to Poland.

However, I spent 4 weeks in The Brasov - Transylvania Passage & the Capital Bucharest, Romania in March 2016 with my husband and dear Friends. It was one of the most amazing trips of our lives .. The cuisine, both traditional and modern were absolutely extraordinarily exceptional.

If I am ever in Manhattan again for a Tourism Travel Convention, shall keep it in mind ..

What do you normally eat at this restaurant ?

Have a nice day ..

Owner always has my wife's favorite carrot salad prepared when we let her know we're coming.

I haven't eaten at a Polish restaurant either but there are many many Polish food shops in the UK (hardly any restaurants though). One thing I sometimes buy is the delicious sourdough rye bread. They also sell excellent deli meats at vey reasonable prices. I will have a search for Polish restaurants in the UK...

We have a sizeable Polish community and lots of shops but no restaurants, plenty of Turkish but no Polish unless they are in the part of town we don't go to.

We have a sizeable Polish community and lots of shops but no restaurants, plenty of Turkish but no Polish unless they are in the part of town we don't go to.
Same here - I reckon such a restaurant would do very well given the big Polish community here. And I would certainly go.

We haven't got a Polish restaurant either - the nearest one is about 10 miles away. Haven't a clue why because a lot of Polish and other east Europeans live in this area. There are 3 or 4 Italian restaurants and 2 or 3 Turkish restaurants but the rest seem to be all Indian/Bangladeshi etc (some of which are excellent) or Chinese. As a lot of Turkish and Greek food is pretty similar, I should really investigate the Turkish one - a few hundred yards from where I am sitting - or another of their branches nearby which is also a takeaway.

We haven't got a Polish restaurant either - the nearest one is about 10 miles away. Haven't a clue why because a lot of Polish and other east Europeans live in this area. There are 3 or 4 Italian restaurants and 2 or 3 Turkish restaurants but the rest seem to be all Indian/Bangladeshi etc (some of which are excellent) or Chinese. As a lot of Turkish and Greek food is pretty similar, I should really investigate the Turkish one - a few hundred yards from where I am sitting - or another of their branches nearby which is also a takeaway.

We used to be Indian/Bangladesh and the occasional Chinese, now we have a lot of 'authentic' Chinese restaurants and Turkish.

I have eaten in Polish restaurants, but only in Poland. The thing that stood out was the size of the portions; they certainly made sure you didn't go hungry.

One of my friends used to live across the street from a Polish restaurant in Toronto..one thing I do remember was the Pirogi and the large portions...as students, we used to eat there because we could bring enough home to eat again the next day...

We used to be Indian/Bangladesh and the occasional Chinese, now we have a lot of 'authentic' Chinese restaurants and Turkish.
The best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to was about 10 miles away. It was a Chinese restaurant for Chinese people. Once you'd eaten, they used to bring out free second helpings. The family themselves had a huge table and often used to send goodies for us to try. And you could stay as long as you liked. And the best Indian restaurants we went to used to do things "off menu". Unfortunately they are few and far between nowadays.

Ours is the River Kwai in Alton. Its truly beautiful food. Here is an extract from their website:

"Thai Food" an expert on the subject writes, "is very, very hot". Thai cooks have never been in the habit of recording measurements of ingredients or time of cooking. They cook by experience and "feel" and the art is handed down in families, and among close friends, by practice. If you find a Thai cook pondering over a simmering pot of Gaeng Pet "hot curry", chances are you will catch her resolutely adding another handful of tiny green chillies, called in Thai "prik kee-nu".
http://www.riverkwai.co.uk

I do not have one favorite restaurant.

I have several favorite restaurants in a variety of Capital cities and small historic cities, with a variety of cuisines, from national which would be Catalan or Spanish regional as well as foreign and of Michelin status ..

Interesting posts here and a couple of nice restaurant recommendations ..

My late father in law was Polish and as well as being a great guy he was a wonderful cook....he introduced me to all the different polish sausages and this was 40 years ago

We work with a 3 Polish people maybe I should just ask .

@Lullabelle,

Yes, you should ..

I have never had Polish cuisine ..

However, I had spent almost a month in Romania and I have to say, it was quite impressive, from the Brasov, Transylvania Passage traditional to the vanguard modern of the Bucharest Capital ..

Budapest, Hungary has amazing restaurants as well ..

Have a nice weekend .. Thanks for participating.

Back
Top Bottom