Breakfast Cereal Discussion

I found this: http://www.porteathbeecentre.co.uk but it probably isn't the one you mean.
No, I don't think it is. My grandfather would never have driven us that far from the campsite, so unless I find anything going through all of their photos we won't ever know (there is every chance of finding out in the photos, my gran kept extensive albums and records).

I absolutely love Special K with yogurt bites inside. It's delicious and healthy so you can't lose.

That was interesting reading about all of the vegan information above. I did not know that true vegans do not eat honey.

My favorite breakfast cereal is Cream of Wheat and always has been since I was a kid. There is something about a warm steaming bowl of it that screams comfort food to me. I like mine with a little milk and sugar. I think it is the one thing I have consistently eaten since I was a child.

I eat them for taste and nostalgia :) My favorite would be cocoa pebbles and cocoa krispies. I find that when I eat cereal I would ALWAYS get hungry an hour later so I make sure I grab a fruit or toast with my cereal.

I'd say porridge was my favourite. Its similar in style to creamed wheat, I think. When I was a kid my Dad used to make it for me with a knob of butter, some whole milk poured on top and a little salt. No sugar in my case. If you use a little salt you need far less sugar. Its a good healthy breakfast cereal. No additives at all! And if you make it with water its low in calories.

O
I don't usually eat breakfast cereals, but I try out some different brands of it from time to time and I also do still have my favorites. I recently tried out a new cereal and it tasted like chemicals/medicine. Not to mention they were so brightly colored that I started to wonder if I should start worrying about that as well. I usually prefer the really sweet ones like chocolate flavored or honey coated ones, but the plain ones like non-sweetened corn flakes - which I assume are the healthiest, unfortunately, just don't appeal to me.

Another favorite of mine are rice crispies, but only in the marshmallow bar form and I've only tried making it for myself once and it ended up sticking to everything so I eventually decided to just buy them packaged since they are already available anyway.

Do you like breakfast cereals? Do you eat it mostly for health or taste? Have you tried using it in cooking or in desserts?
Oh yes, I am a major fan of breakfast cereals. I find them quick, convenient and satisying. I just thought of something, since I have rolled oats, I may make my own granola again. It is easy to do and makes alot. I like all kinds of breakfast cereals, and I admit I usually buy whatever costs the less...but if I have the choice between two, I will buy the one that is lower in carbs.

I don't have much cereal in the house. None of my kids like to eat cereal. I only keep cereal for cooking. I'll make rice crispy squares or these great chocolate mars bar cereal bars. I find I end up throwing out a lot of cereal as it goes stale before we can finish an entire box.

I don't have much cereal in the house. None of my kids like to eat cereal. I only keep cereal for cooking. I'll make rice crispy squares or these great chocolate mars bar cereal bars. I find I end up throwing out a lot of cereal as it goes stale before we can finish an entire box.
That's quite unusual. Most kids love breakfast cereal (especially the sugary kind). What do they eat for breakfast?

Back
Top Bottom