Chorizo

My Western Food provider has "Espuna Chorizo Picante" on his list. I'm guessing that it's Spanish but I haven't tasted it or even seen it. It sells for £2.00 for 200 gms.

My Western Food provider has "Espuna Chorizo Picante" on his list. I'm guessing that it's Spanish but I haven't tasted it or even seen it. It sells for £2.00 for 200 gms.

Time to roll the dice?

CD

Yorky mate should you decide to take it, this is your next burger challenge. I made it a few times in the summer last year it went down a storm.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hg5Uk-JHFo&ab_channel=Tasted

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. I say Cho (the 'o' as on hot) reetzo (the o as in hello). There isn't a correct way unless you speak Spanish.

An "O" in Spanish would always be pronounced as in "Hello." There is a British YouTube channel I watch for every episode, and they constantly mispronounce Spanish/Mexican (and Italian) words -- particularly the vowels.

Spanish Grammar Articles and Lessons | SpanishDict

CD

We have a lot of Mexican Americans in Texas (about 40-percent of the population), and I generally hear them say "chor-ee-zo." The Spanish may pronounce it differently. Mexican Spanish is a bit different than Spanish Spanish -- kind of like American and UK English.

CD
I've never been to Mexico, but I've noticed how different the Spanish sounds in American films and TV shows to the Spanish I've heard in Spain. I only speak very basic Spanish but I think one of the biggest differences is Spanish-Spanish has a lot more "th" sounds than Mexican-Spanish....most Cs and Zs are pronounced similar to "th" (so actually the Spanish pronunciation of chorizo would be closer to thoh-REE-tho). I've only visited northern Spain and I understand its a bit different in the south of the country where the pronunciation is closer to what you'd hear in South and Central America.

Back
Top Bottom