Chorizo

CraigC

Guru
Local time
10:11 AM
Many Latin cultures make a version of chorizo. I'm partial to Mexican and Spanish versions. Do you like it and how do you use it? We use Mexican chorizo in Huevos Rancheros, enchiladas, burritos, tacos and rice. I'm sure I've forgotten some dishes. Spanish chorizo is used in paella, tapas and hash (with potatoes). We also make homemade Mexican chorizo:

Recipe - Mexican Fresh Chorizo

I love chorizo in all its guises.....I'd love to try Mexican chorizo to see how the flavour compares. Though I'm not sure that Spruce Eats article is totally accurate: not all Spanish chorizo is cured, you can also get raw Spanish chorizo (I use it a lot).

Have you ever tried Nduja? Its a similar kind of flavour....a spicy Italian spreadable sausage you can either eat as-is or add to sauces.

Have you ever tried Nduja? Its a similar kind of flavour....a spicy Italian spreadable sausage you can either eat as-is or add to sauces.

Got a package of it in the fridge right now. We found a new recipe to try next week.

I dislike blogs for that reason, either lacking or inaccurate information. You should try the recipe I linked to.

Last edited:
Never tried Mexican, but always have Spanish knocking around (and nduja). I use both, often a small piece to give a background heat and smokiness in all sorts of things.

There are all types of chorizo sausages for sale in Finland: cured and uncured; with no special distinction between Mexican or Spanish ones. In general, Finns prefer cured and mild pork sausages, cold meat and Russian or German style mettwurst (cured). There are more and more uncooked artisan sausages and chorizo brands availabe, though. One of our lazy day recipes is two pacs (460 g) of cured, fried chorizo bits (This Finnish brand) and a big can of Dolmio Extra Garlic tomato sauce mixed with pasta. I seldom eat chorizo dishes abroad; I don't know why.

I love chorizo in all its guises.....I'd love to try Mexican chorizo to see how the flavour compares. Though I'm not sure that Spruce Eats article is totally accurate: not all Spanish chorizo is cured, you can also get raw Spanish chorizo (I use it a lot).

I havn't, but I want to try some. It is getting popular with foodies in the US. I haven't seen it in my local Kroger, but I know where I can probably find it.

CD

Residents in the Spanish city of Seville are going mad for the Croatian delicacy of Kulen, the famous flavoured sausage that is traditionally produced in the Slavonian region of the country says Croatian football international Ivan Rakitic, who has opened a restaurant in Spain.

“I had to put some Croatian speciality in the restaurant. I decided to go for kulen and it has been a hit,” Rakitic told 24sata, before adding.

“I was surprised how many people come to the restaurant just because of the kulen. Guests often ask: ‘Ivan, have you got more kulen in so we can came’,” said the Sevilla FC midfielder who recently opened the restaurant with his pregnant Spanish fiance Raquel Mauri.
1601536587822.png

Back
Top Bottom