CookingBites Dish of the Month (April): Pizza

I find it difficult to imagine a pizza without cheese.

Marinara is a classic example. Delicious!

fe885cf91584b9600773ece0de90535dda241e13.jpg

Pizza Tatin with aubergine, tomatoes and mozzarella and fresh oregano (from the garden). So - I cooked the pizza upside down like a Tart Tatin! The cheese was put on after turning it out and then melted under the grill.

fullsizeoutput_4520.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4521.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_451c.jpeg

Love the tikka pizza, not so much the eggplant one. I tried to grow eggplant, it never took. Kinda glad really, might have had to cook it.

Russ

Don't know why, maybe texture, maybe it wasn't cooked right? I would try your eggplant pizza though.

Russ

Yes - the texture can be a bit slimy if not cooked right. I would bet you would like Baba Ganoush though. Its a smoky Middle Eastern dip. Once eaten, never forgotten.

Yes - the texture can be a bit slimy if not cooked right. I would bet you would like Baba Ganoush though. Its a smoky Middle Eastern dip. Once eaten, never forgotten.

I'm pretty certain I have had it, in a Greek restaurant I found myself in about 10 years ago in Melbourne. Lygon st is a street famous for its restaurants, I always go there when in Melbourne. It closed just after I went there. I walked in and told the waiter to bring what they think I would like. I LOVED everything they bought me.

Russ

I'm pretty certain I have had it, in a Greek restaurant I found myself in about 10 years ago in Melbourne. Lygon st is a street famous for its restaurants, I always go there when in Melbourne. It closed just after I went there. I walked in and told the waiter to bring what they think I would like. I LOVED everything they bought me.

Russ

I think you must have had Melitzanosalata which is very similar!

But here is one with cheese - looks rather good: Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
https://rasamalaysia.com/chicken-tikka-masala-pizza/

View attachment 23432

Ok, @morning glory , I am going to object to this recipe. Everyone knows that I will put anything on a pizza and call it good. However, I am going to draw the line with Chicken Tikka Masala. The whole point of that recipe is the rice. It is what makes Chicken Tikka Masala so delicious. To skip the rice AND add cheese destroys the whole intent of Chicken Tikka Masala.

I do have to say that a good masala sauce would make a great pizza sauce.

Ok, @morning glory , I am going to object to this recipe. Everyone knows that I will put anything on a pizza and call it good. However, I am going to draw the line with Chicken Tikka Masala. The whole point of that recipe is the rice. It is what makes Chicken Tikka Masala so delicious. To skip the rice AND add cheese destroys the whole intent of Chicken Tikka Masala.

I do have to say that a good masala sauce would make a great pizza sauce.

I am preparing chicken tikka masala today. It will be served with rice.

The tikka.

he whole point of that recipe is the rice. It is what makes Chicken Tikka Masala so delicious.

Object as much as you like. But I wouldn't say rice is the whole point of Chicken Tikka Masala. If that is the case then one might as well say the whole point of any curry is rice. In fact I often serve it with Naan or other Indian flatbreads bread instead - In India a lot of dishes are served that way so one could see the pizza base a version of naan bread. The cheese I'm not entirely sure about! I don't feel particularly tempted to try the recipe I must say.

Object as much as you like. But I wouldn't say rice is the whole point of Chicken Tikka Masala. If that is the case then one might as well say the whole point of any curry is rice. In fact I often serve it with Naan or other Indian flatbreads bread instead - In India a lot of dishes are served that way so one could see the pizza base a version of naan bread. The cheese I'm not entirely sure about! I don't feel particularly tempted to try the recipe I must say.

You are right @morning glory . I was shooting for more of a humorous response with my comments. Anyways, when I hear Chicken Tikka Masala, this is what I see in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom