Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Bananas and Plantain

Let us not forget the humble baked banana - one of the easiest desserts you will ever make. Simply pop a whole ripe banana in a hot oven and wait until the skin goes black (about 12 to 15 mins). Slit and eat with a spoon straight out of the skin with whatever accompaniments you like. But its fine on its own. Its a great one for kids.

Not an entry here but worth a mention, I think.
Even better if slit and stuffed with chocolate buttons, wrapped in foil and put on a camp fire until soft and melty.

Salmon in banana and chilli sauce
IMG_08931a.jpg

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/salmon-in-banana-and-chilli-sauce.13763/

Sorry for the delay in judging the Challenge. I've PM'd @Herbie to remind her. If we don't hear soon the mods will sort a method of choosing the winner.

@detroitdad : Chicken with a banana curry sauce.
This sounds lovely. Banana and chicken and curry are a great combination.

@epicuric : Jollof rice with tostones (twice fried plaintain), served with chicken stuffed with chorizo.
A lovely looking recipe. I had not heard of tostones before so will have to try that one day.

@epicuric : Salmon in banana and chilli sauce
Fish and banana is a great combination (such as the Madeiran dish of scabbard fish served with banana). Beautiful presentation/photo.

@The Late Night Gourmet : Chicken Mofongo
This looks and sounds amazing, and incredible complicated! It sounds like it is worth it though.

@morning glory : Chicken, green banana and orange peel curry.
I like the sound of the orange peel to add the sour/sharpness. Beautiful photo. I could eat that now!

@morning glory: Banana, Bacon and Blue Cheese Tart
An interesting combination, not something I thought would have gone together.

@CraigC : Cuban style beef and plantain pie Cuban style beef and plantain pie
This looks like a very warming recipe for cold rainy days like today.

So the winner is: @epicuric Though top marks to @morning glory for being inventive and to you all for making me reconsider the humble banana.

@detroitdad : Chicken with a banana curry sauce.
This sounds lovely. Banana and chicken and curry are a great combination.

@epicuric : Jollof rice with tostones (twice fried plaintain), served with chicken stuffed with chorizo.
A lovely looking recipe. I had not heard of tostones before so will have to try that one day.

@epicuric : Salmon in banana and chilli sauce
Fish and banana is a great combination (such as the Madeiran dish of scabbard fish served with banana). Beautiful presentation/photo.

@The Late Night Gourmet : Chicken Mofongo
This looks and sounds amazing, and incredible complicated! It sounds like it is worth it though.

@morning glory : Chicken, green banana and orange peel curry.
I like the sound of the orange peel to add the sour/sharpness. Beautiful photo. I could eat that now!

@morning glory: Banana, Bacon and Blue Cheese Tart
An interesting combination, not something I thought would have gone together.

@CraigC : Cuban style beef and plantain pie Cuban style beef and plantain pie
This looks like a very warming recipe for cold rainy days like today.

So the winner is: @epicuric Though top marks to @morning glory for being inventive and to you all for making me reconsider the humble banana.
Thank you @Herbie! I did not expect that!

Back
Top Bottom