Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Filo/Phyllo Pastry

Ok, I'll give it a go if I have time between laying a path and singing in a concert! Filo Pastry is lovely. I have a recipe in mind.

Blimey! Laying a path, singing in a concert? Busy, busy...

I hope you do make something. This afternoon I made a filo dish using some good olive oil - bought because I was inspired by the Olive Oil thread.

Roquefort and Spinach Filo Tart

fullsizeoutput_3a0b.jpeg

Last edited:
I did it! I made filo pastry. Feeling every so proud of myself.

first I made some apple samosas but they were a disaster. I realised when cooking the next thing that I had not set the oven properly (using mum's cooker and I've not got the hang of it yet). So then I made asparagus wrapped in filo and a fish pie. We agreed the asparagus was not enhanced by the pastry but the fish pie was delicious.

I did it! I made filo pastry. Feeling every so proud of myself.

first I made some apple samosas but they were a disaster. I realised when cooking the next thing that I had not set the oven properly (using mum's cooker and I've not got the hang of it yet). So then I made asparagus wrapped in filo and a fish pie. We agreed the asparagus was not enhanced by the pastry but the fish pie was delicious.

Really well done! Are we going to get an entry and/or photos? I am going to have to try making it myself. Did you use it straight after making it? I was wondering how to store it otherwise.

Congrats @Herbie , Did you use the link I posted?

@morning glory To store, you lay it out on a large piece of wax paper, fold 1 end over, then roll. Place in a plastic bag and store in refrigerator. I've got several pieces from when I made it previously. I'll let you know how they fared when I make another batch to take photos.

Back
Top Bottom