Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Filo/Phyllo Pastry

Just to hopefully spark some ideas, we make a savory strudel with a cooked mixture of chopped chicken, cajun trinity and spices. A restaurant in Miami uses Cuban sandwich fillings and makes "cigars" as their signature appetizer and serves with a cilantro mojo dipping sauce.
To be totally honest, my first thoughts of what to do with my piping bag once it arrives were to create something savory. It's much more likely to be something I'll prepare for real world use, rather than to satisfy a challenge. Thanks for the nudge.

To be totally honest, my first thoughts of what to do with my piping bag once it arrives were to create something savory. It's much more likely to be something I'll prepare for real world use, rather than to satisfy a challenge. Thanks for the nudge.

? Not sure why you are talking about using piping bag.

The savory strudel we make is made like a sweet strudel. I forgot we made a German one too with sauerkraut, brats, apples, onions, mustard, etc. Hmm, i have leftover rhotkol from ladt night...

The "cigars" have the filling placed on the short end of a stack of like 3 commercially made phyllo, sliced in about 5 inch or so widths, then rolled up the length of the phyllo so it looks like a cigar.

@medtran49, I really would have made more entries by now but I've had a catalogue of health issues, one on top of the other and its been difficult to cook - plus my two grown up kids are both in the process of moving out so I've been trying to help them. We can always extend the deadline if we don't get more entries - but ideally we need more members to take part. I think @Herbie might have done something but I'm not sure its an entry. I was also hoping @Elawin might be able o enter something as I know she makes her own filo.

Anyway I'll have at least one more entry shortly I hope!

Aubergine, Pepper and Anchovy Filo Tian

fullsizeoutput_3a3d.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom