Could we be getting an early spring this year?!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
8:31 AM
Look outside. Something is happening! Temps are suddenly rising!! It is still only February, but something strange is happening. Tulips have already begun to grow!! You can see the tips of the leaves coming out of the ground!! Is this a sign that. spring has started much sooner than we had anticipated?!! One can only wonder as to whether or not we'll get another snowstorm lurking out there, before it's all said & done!! :whistling: :unsure:

Last edited:
Look outside. Something is happening! Temps are suddenly rising!! It is still only February, but something strange is happening. Tulips have already begun to grow!! You can see the tips of the leaves coming out of the ground!! Is this a sign that. spring has started much sooner than we had anticipated?!! One can only wonder as to whether or not we'll get another snowstorm lurking out there, before it's all said & done!! :whistling: :unsure:
My squirrels have been telling us since late January (exhibiting mating behavior). Usually they don't start getting frisky until mid to late March. But yes, our trees are budding too.

We sometimes call it fool’s spring. It was 14 degrees C here on Wednesday- colder yesterday, a bit of rain, then flash freeze overnight. It’s currently -6, everything’s coated in ice, and my street’s a skating rink.

We sometimes call it fool’s spring. It was 14 degrees C here on Wednesday- colder yesterday, a bit of rain, then flash freeze overnight. It’s currently -6, everything’s coated in ice, and my street’s a skating rink.
That’s how it is here. It was in the 60s-70sF/high teens-low 20sC last week, the last couple of days, it’s been below freezing on waking, with highs in the 40sF/single digits C, and the forecast calls for more 70s followed by more 40s over the next week or so.

That’s how it is here. It was in the 60s-70sF/high teens-low 20sC last week, the last couple of days, it’s been below freezing on waking, with highs in the 40sF/single digits C, and the forecast calls for more 70s followed by more 40s over the next week or so.
But 40s (F) is still warmer than usual for this time of year In Ohio...I bet we're in for a hot summer.

Enjoying the last of summer here in nz. Autumn 1st march 25 today 28 deg c tomorrow. I dont believe in climate change. I've seen pics of places 100 years ago, and today.

Russ

Enjoying the last of summer here in nz. Autumn 1st march 25 today 28 deg c tomorrow. I dont believe in climate change. I've seen pics of places 100 years ago, and today.

Russ
I usually agree with you on most stuff, but I'm quite sure climate change and global warming are very real, my friend.

I know I should believe in Greta but stuff I've seen and pics with no coastal change.

Russ
Yeah, well you can't always tell from pics. One of my brothers was a scientist with the Coast Guard who traveled from the North Pole to the South Pole several times on an ice breaker ship (AKA cutter) and he and fellow scientists took water samples and studied climate change as well...I trust him when he says that climate change is real, him and all the other scientists. Greta Thunberg just talks about what she's read and learned from real scientists. I am not discounting what she says whatsoever, but you should listen/read/pay attention to the scientists who have been studying this for decades. I promise you that the volatility in the weather has everything to do with climate change. And of course it's also possible that certain governments have done things to interfere with weather patterns...but that's an entirely different conspiracy theory :laugh:

Greta is just one of the few making it more popular. There's a lot of weird stuff made possible with the electricity our ancestors have invented, imagine you would set your new car to fire, without any particular reason. That's what many people do with our electricity, useless stuff

Looks like our hopes for a early spring are dashed!! Light snow today & temps went down!! Went back to being cold again!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom