Could we be getting an early spring this year?!!

Looks like our hopes for a early spring are dashed!! Light snow today & temps went down!! Went back to being cold again!! :mad:
Squirrels are out chasing each other around in the yard, pairing up for the early spring. It's 50s here today, going to be 71 on Thursday. Yeah, it's going into the 30s on Friday, but then right back up into the 40s and 50s again for the next few weeks. Very much warmer than normal here in NE Ohio.

Doesn't matter here, we still only have Summer and Tourist season. '90's next week in South Florida.
When I lived in NW Florida in the panhandle (for most of my life) I used to be one of those tourists who went to South Florida in January to get out of the cold, LOL!

Heard last night that there is a massive storm brewing that spans from California all the way to Maine!! Most areas in the path of it will be hit kind of hard!!! Up to a foot of snow in some places! How's that for the hopes of getting an early spring, huh?!! I somehow KNEW that this would happen!! My razor-sharp mind told me that this nice weather wasn't going to last!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Heard last night that there is a massive storm brewing that spans from California all the way to Maine!! Most areas in the path of it will be hit kind of hard!!! Up to a foot of snow in some places! How's that for the hopes of getting an early spring, huh?!! I somehow KNEW that this would happen!! My razor-sharp mind told me that this nice weather wasn't going to last!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Its 53F and rainy today, going to be 69 and partly cloudy tomorrow here in NE Ohio. Enen though it's going to be 30s on Friday, thats still warmer than normal. Usually it's constantly below freezing for the high temperatures throughout February here, many times February to early March days the high only gets to 10-20F with lows around 0-5F. I've seen snow up until April in previous years. Don't think that will happen this year.

Here's next week's forecast here--looking pretty much like April weather, much milder than normal.

Screenshot_20230222-091102_The Weather Channel.jpg

We had a bunch of cold days, lots of rainy nights, some windy days and sunshine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Usually this mild climate is perfect for all kinds of insects, but the city is not the right environment.

This is interesting...

CNN — A powerful winter storm set record low temperatures in the northern Plains of the US, while a heat wave in the Southeast set record highs for the month of February – leaving the country with an unusually stark temperature difference of more than 100 degrees.

Much of Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas had temperatures below zero Wednesday afternoon, including minus 9 degrees in Cut Bank, Montana. At the same time, much of the South, from Texas to the Carolinas, had afternoon temperatures above 80 degrees, including a scorching 95 in McAllen, Texas.

CD

Don´t listen to Greta: she´s a youthful activist and loved by the media, so she´ll get much more press than the scientists and experts who really know about climate change. Listen to Sir David Attenborough. Check out how many glaciers have melted away in the past 50 years.
Come over to Kent in the UK and wonder why, in the first two months of this year, we´ve only had about 4 days rain. Same last year, same the year before. We´re heading towards drought conditions by April, when normally, it would have been wet and waterlogged.-

Back
Top Bottom