Could we be getting an early spring this year?!!

Winter is still alive and kicking. Much of the US is going to get hammered by cold air and snow this week. It's only going to drop into the 50s at night, here.

CD

Unseasonably warm for this time of year.
Screenshot_20230410-120117_The Weather Channel.jpg

That's unseasonably on the cool side for us. We had a couple of days of that weather.

CD
That's summer weather here. I remember taking the kids swimming in June and the high was only 71. But yeah, I am all too familiar with Texas heat, since my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins lived/live in Port Arthur, my brother and SIL live in Houston, and one of my sisters lives in Austin. So yeah.

T
That's summer weather here. I remember taking the kids swimming in June and the high was only 71. But yeah, I am all too familiar with Texas heat, since my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins lived/live in Port Arthur, my brother and SIL live in Houston, and one of my sisters lives in Austin. So yeah.

Talking to my best friend, he knows some of your cousins. They live across the Niches river in Bridge city???

CD

T

Talking to my best friend, he knows some of your cousins. They live across the Niches river in Bridge city???

CD
Your sister knows one of my cousins, remember? They were both Hussars? One of my cousins does live in Bridge City (on Cow Bayou), and the one who was the Hussar at your and your sister's high school owns the Chik-fil-A locations in Port Arthur.

My parents met while attending TJH, btw...back in the 1930s, LOL.

Growing asparagus is impressive. I think it takes at least three years before you get the spears?
I've only been in this house for a year and a half. Didn't discover until last summer that the patch was there. None of it made it all the way to the kitchen- my daughter and I would eat it all raw before coming back down the hill. I never knew how sweet asparagus could be!

I've only been in this house for a year and a half. Didn't discover until last summer that the patch was there. None of it made it all the way to the kitchen- my daughter and I would eat it all raw before coming back down the hill. I never knew how sweet asparagus could be!

You are lucky indeed!

OMG this female tree frog has been noisily trying to find a mate for over a week now. Tonight I finally hear a male responding. Sounds like they are getting closer, the chirping from her and the gutteral croak from him are getting closer to our backyard (we live close to a lake) and more frequent (desparation). Geezus please frogs, just get it over with! Well it's better than barking dogs or traffic noise, I guess.

It was super warm here last week, it actually reached 30 degrees C. This is NOT normal for this time of year.

Now it’s back to cold. On Sunday, I wore a t-shirt, sat outside on a patio, and even got a bit of a sunburn.

Yesterday it snowed.

Climate change is very real, and very much a threat.

It was 39 here Monday, will be 60 today, 80 Thursday. So weird. But our backyard tree canopy is filling nicely and flowers are blooming.

Back
Top Bottom