Croquettes - do you make them from scratch?

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:18 AM
[Mod.edit: This post and following few posts moved from another thread to form a new topic (MG)]

From top right clockwise, toasts with spreadable chorizo on them, ham croquettes, and ParmR crusted cauliflower florets. Agliata sauce in the middle.
20230808_184843.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its definitely worth it
I keep around 30 to 40 in my freezer.
I've currently got 4 bags in the freezer. One is full of samosas, another has pakoras, another has falafel (small ones) and the 4th, some "veggie burger" things that work just great, direct from the freezer to the frying pan.
I've also got half a packet of Spanish serrano ham which I might just turn into croquettes today. Then I can freeze them too.

I made them using leftover prosciutto from the freezer and leftover scallions, so I guess these could be considered super cheap.

I made them using leftover prosciutto from the freezer and leftover scallions, so I guess these could be considered super cheap.
Have you posted your recipe? I've never made croquettes.

I read a report a few months ago, from Spain, regarding the "National Croquette Competition". The Spanish take their croquettes seriously. The judges were nitpicking over the quantity of ham, the quality of the ham, the texture of the croquette, etc.
As in medtran49 s recipe, they're basically a thick bechamel with serrano ham, egged, breadcrumbed and fried.
Anything like that just has to be delicious.

I read a report a few months ago, from Spain, regarding the "National Croquette Competition". The Spanish take their croquettes seriously. The judges were nitpicking over the quantity of ham, the quality of the ham, the texture of the croquette, etc.
As in medtran49 s recipe, they're basically a thick bechamel with serrano ham, egged, breadcrumbed and fried.

Yes, they are Spanish croquettes. I was going for a tapas type meal.

Cuban croquettes are a bit different.

My recipe is from dutch? A combo of 2 recipes. One is for Dutch croquettes.

Russ

So my croquettes recipe is a mixture of 2 meats, one is s veal meat mixed with chicken. We dont have veal here. I quite happily used a porterhouse steak to substitute.
No complaints here.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom