Cryptic food and drink

I took 'salad' to indicate anagrammatical messing about (it was used as a 'key' word back in the day - salad implying chopping and changing).

That's why I used the word salad - to confuse! Soup can be used in a similar way.

Its really easy now you know this. But its possible my clue is not a good one - I'm never quite sure of some anagrammatical rules.

Something bad has happened to my brain as I've not been able to work out the last 4. I have a few days off next week so hopefully I'll restore to my old self.

Something bad has happened to my brain as I've not been able to work out the last 4

I think Mrs Glory and I have been trying to outdo each other in setting ridiculous clues.

I'm sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with your brain.

The time has come to explain the last 3 or 4 ? @morning glory

OK - I've got it now. I think it's a bit of an unfair clue - but to explain why in detail might spoil it for anyone else

I can see how you put the clue together. But there's a redundant word - and no 'scrambling' pointer, unless I missed it

To find aromatic, free-range egg producer goes after junk. Rum mess! (6,6)

Explanation:

The definition is 'aromatic'. Egg producer = ovary. 'Free range' indicates the letters of ovary are mixed up and go after junk 'rum mess', junk meaning the letters of 'rum mess' are jumbled. So the solution is summer savory

OK - I've got it now. I think it's a bit of an unfair clue - but to explain why in detail might spoil it for anyone else

I can see how you put the clue together. But there's a redundant word - and no 'scrambling' pointer, unless I missed it

My response to the above comment:
I agree there is a redundant word 'a' which is why I said it might be a bad clue. The scrambling pointer is 'not' which I think is allowable

Here's a gentle one for a quiet Saturday evening (or Sunday morning)

Empty ray booster, great muddle for a sweet thing (10,4)

Back
Top Bottom