Cryptic food and drink

Just by way of an introduction/explanation for those not familiar with cryptic crosswords:

Cryptic crossword - Wikipedia

We don't really have them here in the US, so a lot of the American forum members may be unfamiliar and confused by what's going on.

Personally, I've never really found the charm that others find in them; then again, I don't like figuring out puzzles, anyway, so that's probably why.

Just by way of an introduction/explanation for those not familiar with cryptic crosswords:

Cryptic crossword - Wikipedia

We don't really have them here in the US, so a lot of the American forum members may be unfamiliar and confused by what's going on.

Personally, I've never really found the charm that others find in them; then again, I don't like figuring out puzzles, anyway, so that's probably why.

I am familiar with the way cryptic crossword puzzles work. I know the clues are not literal. My grandmother used to go through a couple of puzzle books a day. I just never caught the bug.

CD

I am familiar with the way cryptic crossword puzzles work. I know the clues are not literal. My grandmother used to go through a couple of puzzle books a day. I just never caught the bug.

CD

Oh - you disappoint me. I've noticed that you are interested in language, so thought you might enjoy a bit of word play. :D

Back
Top Bottom