Deep Fryer

At home I have a electric fryer with olive oil in it and a stove fritture with duck fat in it,
You haven't lived if you have not had chips in duck oil ,sorry to the veggies in advance

I'm not planning on jumping to conclusions. I'll give it a chance. Now that doesn't mean you have to stuff the whole cheesecake in your face I'd prefer a nibble to really cement my feelings on the matter. Sometimes the batter can do wonders.

Presto Big Kitchen Kettle..jpg

This is my NEW deep fryer! It replaces all the others now. :wink:

I owned a deep fryer for years, but yes changing the oil is a bit annoying. I just poured the old oil in a disposable bottle and throw it out. I prefer my air fryer now, it's way healthier, you don't need oil and I find everything tastes better and not greasy. I use it very often for my chicken, potatoes, etc.:okay:

If one waits until the oil is hot enough, the food that's deep fried in it won't taste greasy.
:wink:

Thanks. I knew I was forgetting something. I need to change the oil in my deep fryer.

I owned a deep fryer for years, but yes changing the oil is a bit annoying. I just poured the old oil in a disposable bottle and throw it out. I prefer my air fryer now, it's way healthier, you don't need oil and I find everything tastes better and not greasy. I use it very often for my chicken, potatoes, etc.:okay:

5-qt OilTank.jpg

Get one of THESE.

Just ordered one from Ginnys.com! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know Ginny just loves you for your money. She will bring you heartbreak and clutter.
I am working to end my relationships with Sally Ann, Good Willma and Jeff.
(Salvation Army, Goodwill and Amazon. )

You just gotta be careful with Ginnys.com.

Buy only the brands that you know & trust! Everything there is not solidly made. :headshake:

Yesterday, I wanted to make some fried chicken & was going to use the Presto Big Kettle.
I found out that it wasn't enough oil to come to the fill line, so I had to pan fry it on the stove. Bummer! I wanted to try it out with something deep fried!

Next time that I'm at the supermarket, I will get the largest jug of Mazola Canola Oil possible!! :headshake:

Yesterday, I wanted to make some fried chicken & was going to use the Presto Big Kettle.
I found out that it wasn't enough oil to come to the fill line, so I had to pan fry it on the stove. Bummer! I wanted to try it out with something deep fried!

Next time that I'm at the supermarket, I will get the largest jug of Mazola Canola Oil possible!! :headshake:
Before you go to the store, get out a big measuring cup. Fill it with water. Pour the water to the fill line in your kettle. Buy that amount of oil. If you have the 8 quart one, it takes no more than 88 oz of oil according to the manual.

Before you go to the store, get out a big measuring cup. Fill it with water. Pour the water to the fill line in your kettle. Buy that amount of oil. If you have the 8 quart one, it takes no more than 88 oz of oil according to the manual.

88 ounces of oil seems like an awful lot. I'm just gonna get a gallon size jug of it. Just to be on the safe side. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom