Do you have weird dreams?

Discussion in 'The CookingBites Cafe' started by ElizabethB, Feb 11, 2018.

1. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

Flying dreams are the best! I've only had those a few times, but I can still recall how it felt.

2. MypinchofItaly

MypinchofItaly Über Member

ElizabethB and Francesca like this.
  3. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

See my post above about lucid dreaming!

4. flyinglentris

flyinglentris Well-Known Member

I'll 2nd that. I have always loved flying and levitation dreams. I've even awakened to feel myself fall back down on my mattress. :)

I hadn't had a weird dream in while until the night before last that I took note of. As has become usual, I wind up wandering a strange cityscape that is dreary and dark with people who are distant and unreachable. In this latest dream the urban pall gave way to a mountainous region with a large lake, like a crater lake. It was partially iced over with linear patterns and there were people walking the ice. A man who seemed to be a Sikh, fell in the water and was immediately chased by numerous creatures in the water, the worst among them, a sea lion, which constantly nipped and bit at the man. If he managed to crawl out on the ice, it bit even mor viciously. Oddly, I felt myself rooting for the sea lion. And then I woke.

What would your psycho-analysis of that tell you?

5. MypinchofItaly

MypinchofItaly Über Member

Wake up suddenly dreaming of falling (landing on the mattress) I have happened so many times ... the heart in a thousand laps.
    Your dream reminds a little of one of Dante's series in the Divine Comedy ..

6. flyinglentris

flyinglentris Well-Known Member

The sea lion and the ice suggest that I was reliving a BBC Planet Earth Series spot on Penguins in the Antarctic. I don't know how the Sikh got in there.

7. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

I sometimes dream that I'm stuck on a track, a subway train is approaching & I can't get off!! :headshake::eek:

8. The Late Night Gourmet

I once had a dream where I was constantly trying to escape drowning. I kepi going from one area to another where it was flooding and I had to escape. At some point - in the dream - I remembered that I was going to be preparing Christmas dinner the next day, and there was a massive amount of work to do. I assume my feelings of drowning were related to feeling overwhelmed with the job ahead. I'd guess your dream might be related to some situation in your life where you feel stuck.

9. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Also, I sometimes dream that I'm about to fall off a tall building, or that someone is trying to push me off!! :headshake::eek:

ElizabethB likes this.
  10. Francesca

Francesca Guest

@The Late Night Gourmet

You had made a good point; that unusual dreams or nightmares, could definitely be related to some situations in one´s life where a person feels stuck or hindered in some way .. Stress could definitely be a trigger ..

MypinchofItaly likes this.
  11. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

If I'm having a bad dream, it seems hard to wake up from it!! If it's a good dream, I can't stay asleep to finish it!! :mad:

12. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

In some of my dreams, I'm a super hero! Running in slow motion like the Six Million Dollar Man & the Bionic Woman!!
    Leaping over tall fences & small buildings & houses!! :wink:

ElizabethB likes this.
  13. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

In some of my dreams, I'm a super hero! Running in slow motion like the Six Million Dollar Man & the Bionic Woman!!
    Leaping over tall fences & small buildings & houses!! :wink:

14. The Late Night Gourmet

. I still have mental images of the giant steel-wool gorilla even now...[/QUOTE]I missed it the first time, but I'm glad I remembered: did you catch malaria (let's hope not)? or was it a precaution before travel to certain regions (usually in exotic locales)?

ElizabethB likes this.
  15. Duck59

Duck59 Über Member Staff Member

I missed it the first time, but I'm glad I remembered: did you catch malaria (let's hope not)? or was it a precaution before travel to certain regions (usually in exotic locales)?[/QUOTE]

That was during the two years I spent in Eritrea. I had to take the tablets every day. I managed to avoid malaria, although when I came off the pills, my liver decided it didn't want to work properly. I had to give up drinking for a few months, a grim state of affairs, but preferable to malaria.

ElizabethB and MypinchofItaly like this.