Do you have weird dreams?

I have weird dreams, some even disturbing .. but the recurrent dream is to fly .. but not on a plane, just me that I fly with a mantle like superman. Or flourish like a spider man but I can never shoot spider webs ..
Flying dreams are the best! I've only had those a few times, but I can still recall how it felt.

Flying dreams are the best! I've only had those a few times, but I can still recall how it felt.

I'll 2nd that. I have always loved flying and levitation dreams. I've even awakened to feel myself fall back down on my mattress. :)

I hadn't had a weird dream in while until the night before last that I took note of. As has become usual, I wind up wandering a strange cityscape that is dreary and dark with people who are distant and unreachable. In this latest dream the urban pall gave way to a mountainous region with a large lake, like a crater lake. It was partially iced over with linear patterns and there were people walking the ice. A man who seemed to be a Sikh, fell in the water and was immediately chased by numerous creatures in the water, the worst among them, a sea lion, which constantly nipped and bit at the man. If he managed to crawl out on the ice, it bit even mor viciously. Oddly, I felt myself rooting for the sea lion. And then I woke.

What would your psycho-analysis of that tell you?

I'll 2nd that. I have always loved flying and levitation dreams. I've even awakened to feel myself fall back down on my mattress. :)

I hadn't had a weird dream in while until the night before last that I took note of. As has become usual, I wind up wandering a strange cityscape that is dreary and dark with people who are distant and unreachable. In this latest dream the urban pall gave way to a mountainous region with a large lake, like a crater lake. It was partially iced over with linear patterns and there were people walking the ice. A man who seemed to be a Sikh, fell in the water and was immediately chased by numerous creatures in the water, the worst among them, a sea lion, which constantly nipped and bit at the man. If he managed to crawl out on the ice, it bit even mor viciously. Oddly, I felt myself rooting for the sea lion. And then I woke.

What would your psycho-analysis of that tell you?

Wake up suddenly dreaming of falling (landing on the mattress) I have happened so many times ... the heart in a thousand laps.
Your dream reminds a little of one of Dante's series in the Divine Comedy ..

I sometimes dream that I'm stuck on a track, a subway train is approaching & I can't get off!! :headshake::eek:
I once had a dream where I was constantly trying to escape drowning. I kepi going from one area to another where it was flooding and I had to escape. At some point - in the dream - I remembered that I was going to be preparing Christmas dinner the next day, and there was a massive amount of work to do. I assume my feelings of drowning were related to feeling overwhelmed with the job ahead. I'd guess your dream might be related to some situation in your life where you feel stuck.

I once had a dream where I was constantly trying to escape drowning. I kepi going from one area to another where it was flooding and I had to escape. At some point - in the dream - I remembered that I was going to be preparing Christmas dinner the next day, and there was a massive amount of work to do. I assume my feelings of drowning were related to feeling overwhelmed with the job ahead. I'd guess your dream might be related to some situation in your life where you feel stuck.

@The Late Night Gourmet

You had made a good point; that unusual dreams or nightmares, could definitely be related to some situations in one´s life where a person feels stuck or hindered in some way .. Stress could definitely be a trigger ..

I have some odd dreams, but nothing as wacky and psychedelic as when I had to take anti-malarial tablets

. I still have mental images of the giant steel-wool gorilla even now...[/QUOTE]I missed it the first time, but I'm glad I remembered: did you catch malaria (let's hope not)? or was it a precaution before travel to certain regions (usually in exotic locales)?

. I still have mental images of the giant steel-wool gorilla even now...
I missed it the first time, but I'm glad I remembered: did you catch malaria (let's hope not)? or was it a precaution before travel to certain regions (usually in exotic locales)?[/QUOTE]

That was during the two years I spent in Eritrea. I had to take the tablets every day. I managed to avoid malaria, although when I came off the pills, my liver decided it didn't want to work properly. I had to give up drinking for a few months, a grim state of affairs, but preferable to malaria.

Back
Top Bottom