Do you use a teacup or a mug?

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
10:35 AM
We always used teacups and saucers at my grandmother's house, but at our house (growing up), we used mugs, so I got into the habit of doing that. But, on holidays or other special occasions, we'd use the good china, and teacups and saucers. It recently occurred to me that when I need a pick me up, or when I make an actual pot of tea, I use teacups and saucers. How about y'all, what do you prefer to use?

Cup and saucer or China mug
Some of the lads at work have pint sized mugs it always reminds me of something grandad put under his bed
:roflmao: Thanks for making me laugh! Maybe one reason I save the china for special occasions is because I'm so clumsy. It does make an occasion feel so special when I pull them out, though.

:roflmao: Thanks for making me laugh! Maybe one reason I save the china for special occasions is because I'm so clumsy. It does make an occasion feel so special when I pull them out, though.
Nah! get on and use them
Or get some odd ones, just makes tea more enjoyable , if you buy good tea why skimp on the cup

Cup & saucer
Tea Please.jpg

Nah! get on and use them
Or get some odd ones, just makes tea more enjoyable , if you buy good tea why skimp on the cup

Very true. I'm going to start using them at least on weekends, when I can relax a little more. I do love the pretty colors, they make any time feel special. I tend to use pretty dainty floral china teacups and saucers.

I like a big chunky mug. I find that the drink stays hotter in a thick mug, plus I don't think that cups hold enough liquid. I can certainly see the appeal of having a nice teaset but on the whole, I much prefer a mug.

I like a big chunky mug. I find that the drink stays hotter in a thick mug, plus I don't think that cups hold enough liquid. I can certainly see the appeal of having a nice teaset but on the whole, I much prefer a mug.
I've a two pint pot(mug) for when I don't want to boil the kettle too often.

And the cup in the picture posted is awaited.

I'm not a snob by any stretch, if I'm on the move I have a thermal cup or I have a jet boil system but it does have the coffee press for proper coffee

Back
Top Bottom