Do you use a teacup or a mug?

I prefer tea from bone china mugs. Tea-cups tend to be too small. Don't like thick chunky mugs at all. Has anyone noticed how difficult it is to buy a bone china mug with a simple 'designer' pattern. Other than white, they all seem to come in chintzy flowery patterns or covered in cute cats...

Hahaha I have big mugs, mainly for coffee, but that looks like a soup mug! It looks as if it keeps the tea nice and warm, though!
Correct, a real soup bowl is what it is. I just find it really funny and I am pretty sure I will find one when next I travel. I actually shop more overseas than here at home. I will still pop in the local store to see if there are any around here.

I prefer tea from bone china mugs. Tea-cups tend to be too small. Don't like thick chunky mugs at all. Has anyone noticed how difficult it is to buy a bone china mug with a simple 'designer' pattern. Other than white, they all seem to come in chintzy flowery patterns or covered in cute cats...

Hahaha, @morning glory I love the flowery designs and cat patterns, as well! I do have a very nice white china cup and saucer with a gold rim, but I save those for special occasions.

@winterybella I sometimes use my huge coffee mugs for soup, especially if I'm carrying it up here to the office, less chance of spilling! I tend to use the bigger cups/mugs, even for tea, because it saves me on trips back downstairs.

This is one of the kitty mugs I use daily. This one is somewhat larger, so I usually use it to get me started in the mornings, with coffee, then switch to my smaller kitty mug, for tea.

Attachments

• photo (33).JPG
    photo (33).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 153
This is one of the kitty mugs I use daily. This one is somewhat larger, so I usually use it to get me started in the mornings, with coffee, then switch to my smaller kitty mug, for tea.
I'm sure its purr..fect for you :cat: :) - but I still don't like cat mugs.:thumbsdown: Although I do like cats:)

Seeing this just gave me an idea. I lost Twinkle my cat I feel like it's close to a year or so. I honestly don't count because sometimes I still get very sad about his passing. Anyway, a BIG mug with my big cat looking at me every day would be a good way to remember him. A day does not go by when I don't remember him but a mug would be good I THINK. I'm not sure it's the 'purr-fect' idea but it's worth considering at least.

Seeing this just gave me an idea. I lost Twinkle my cat I feel like it's close to a year or so. I honestly don't count because sometimes I still get very sad about his passing. Anyway, a BIG mug with my big cat looking at me every day would be a good way to remember him. A day does not go by when I don't remember him but a mug would be good I THINK. I'm not sure it's the 'purr-fect' idea but it's worth considering at least.
If you've got a picture of your cat, how about getting it printed onto a mug?

If you've got a picture of your cat, how about getting it printed onto a mug?

@classic33 @winterybella That's what I was thinking. Many drugs stores such as CVS, and also Walmart, will print pictures on mugs, shirts, etc., at a pretty low cost. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've got one right now who won't be with me long, and I don't even like to talk about it. They sure do steal our hearts.

I lost my kitty a few weeks ago, and still can't even talk about it, but I thought of you when I saw this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/925-Sterlin...-Always-in-My-Heart-Pet-Cat-Dog-/171824559335

I lost my kitty a few weeks ago, and still can't even talk about it, but I thought of you when I saw this. http://wwwo.ebay.com/itm/925-Sterling-Silver-Charm-BRACELET-Paw-Print-Aln-My-Heart-Pet-Cat-Dog-/171824559335

Thank you Diane. I tried putting it in my cart but they don't ship to my country which is fine as I ship most of shopping to Miami. I was thinking a lot about the mug with Twinkle's picture. I guess it could be good and it could be bad. More than a year down the road and it still hurts. Sometimes however I'll think of him with a warm smile. You have my sympathy. A year or so ago I might not have been able to understand, but today I do. If we are anything alike, some days will be good and some days bad. Hang tough. I am typing and looking where he was buried.:headshake:

Last edited:
I love mugs. For one thing, they are very decorative. Some come with some lovely pictures on them while others have words like 'mum' or 'dad' or 'brother' or 'sister.' You can even get mugs with your name on it. Some of them come with some humourous sayings too. They make good gifts at Christmas time or for birthdays.

I have been using mugs for years. I only use a teacup when I attend an outing like a tea party or another occasion where tea is being served. I think teacups and saucers are more suited for special occasions, although in the past, they were more popular in the home. Since mugs took over, I don't think many people go for teacups and saucers these days.

I always use a mug. The bigger the better when it comes to my first coffee of the the morning. I like to be able to sit down and relax and sip away at my coffee. I don't want to have to get up time and time again for a refill like you have to do if you use a tea cup. They just don't hold enough for my liking. I do have a cup and saucer collection which has been passed down through the generations. I love them but I would never use them.

I much prefer a mug for both tea and coffee. I have a thermal mug that holds about 2 1/2 cups and that is perfect for my morning cup of coffee. I cannot see wasting time having to get up to refill a tiny tea cup when a mug holds so much more! Plus my mug keeps my beverage of choice hot for a longer period of time. My parents used tea cups and so did I growing up.

Back
Top Bottom