Favorite pie!

x0beka0x

Veteran
Local time
2:18 PM
So the holidays are coming up and all I can think about are pies. My favorite pies are pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate pudding pie. I have never really had any other pies, so I was just curious on what other pies everyone else likes or makes. So maybe I could try to make or try a different pie this year, I have found that pies are good pretty much no matter what kind of pie it is. I always like trying new things. So give me some ideas please.

How about sweet potatoe pie? My mum used to make it for us when we were younger and I love making it for my kids:)

I love cheese pie and lemon pie. These are my very favorite pies all year round, but obviously I enjoy this season of the year when pumpkin bring a special taste to our meals, including pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie -- of course -- and a crunchy cinnamon bun pecan pie.

My personal favorite in general is coconut cream pie. However, I specifically look forward to having pumpkin pie around the holidays. I think pecan pie would also be quite fitting. Nonetheless, I'm pretty pumpkin obsessed during this season.

I like sweet potato pies the best, but my other favorites are: pecan pie, apple pie, peach pie, strawberry pie, kool-aid pie, and chocolate creme pie.

I'm curious...what is a Kool-Aid pie? I know what Kool-Aid is, how do you make a pie with it?

Oh gosh, you're all making my hungry. I've never tasted a coconut cream pie or a sweet potato pie as I was born and raised in New Zealand where most pies are savory eg. curried vegetables, steak and cheese, mince and cheese. However, I often spend a few weeks each year visiting the US, so I'll have to track some of these sweet pies down or ask my American family members whether they know how to make them and could teach me ha ha. :wink:

My mom does make a delicious pineapple pie though as her parents were born in Polynesia and my dad's side of my family being Dutch have great recipes for hot Dutch apple pie.

My favorites are apple and sweet potato pies. If they were calorie free, I would eat them everyday.

Within the next month, I'm going to make a cinnamon pie. It sounds delicious. I found an recipe that seems easy even though it's time consuming.

I have to say that I tried to bake a low-calorie pumpkin cheesecake. I used almond flour for the crust and it wasn't very tasty. After reading more about almond flour in baking, I found out the hard way. There is a problem with the "heat-stability" and must be used specifically in recipes. I tried to use it in chocolate chip cookies. (one cup almond flour and one cup regular flour) They were a little flat but the taste was good. I will still experiment with it though because I believe in the benefits of almond flour. Coconut flour is also on my list to experiment with.

Sorry, last post probably got away from the topic. Need to start a different thread on that subject huh?

My favorite pies are mango pie with cream cheese and toppings of almond nuts and chicken pie with potatoes, green peas, raisins and carrots. These two pies really makes me exciting all the time and will always be my favorite..

You all need re-educating.

First of all you could try making corned beef and potato pie with shortcrust pastry:

Then there's Indian potato pie:

844_10152000613538330_350930087_n.jpg

Before

954698_10151649111898330_402450887_n.jpg

Then there's corned beef and potato pie

1377376_10151955882803330_977999053_n.jpg

Before

20131219_124149.jpg

After

If it hasn't got a crust on top, it's not a pie.

You all need re-educating.

First of all you could try making corned beef and potato pie with shortcrust pastry:

Then there's Indian potato pie:

844_10152000613538330_350930087_n.jpg

Before

954698_10151649111898330_402450887_n.jpg

Then there's corned beef and potato pie

1377376_10151955882803330_977999053_n.jpg

Before

20131219_124149.jpg

After

If it hasn't got a crust on top, it's not a pie.

any chance of a recipe for that Indian potato pie please? ingredients looks right up my street...

Yummy. That pie looks delicious, Vernon.
My favorite pies for dessert: banana pie, lemon pie and apple pie (with ice cream). I love creamy pies.

I love just about any kind of pie! My favorite pie is pumpkin. I also really love chocolate pie. I normally use Betty Crocker's chocolate pie recipe. Here is a link to a few of her chocolate pie recipes. I prefer the dark chocolate one.
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...s?term=Chocolate+Pie&nv=4294965409&ps=12&pi=1
With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I am thinking about making a chocolate pie for my husband.

Back
Top Bottom