Food addictions

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:32 AM
Now, I know I'm addicted to hot chilli peppers in one form or another (I eat some every day). But thanks to another thread, I've realised I'm addicted to salt :eek:. The fact that I've got 7 types of salt in the cupboard, plus 3 home-made flavoured salts, should have been a clue. This has made me wonder if there are other foods or flavourings to which I'm addicted.

Unlike a lot of people I'm not addicted to chocolate (don't like it at all except in savoury dishes) or sugar. I eat virtually no sugar. I'm going to have a think about this. Meanwhile, will anyone else 'fess up to their addictions?

Looking into my cupboard I've realised another addiction: mustard. I have 8 types of mustard! I realised that I eat mustard almost every day. My favourite is a Japanese mustard which I can only get on-line. Next, and its a close call, is Coleman's English. But then I love Dijon too...

That's a lot. I like tea, too but don't drink nearly that amount. Maybe three mugs a day. If its strong regular tea then that's a lot of caffeine. So perhaps that's what your addicted to.
Possible.

Coffee. I drink a lot of coffe. It goes back to when I was Working . Most of the coffee I drank was cold, because I was always to busy to drink it. Then I would remember, but by then it was cold.

But we aren't talking here about drinks but foods. If we were, I'd have to admit to other addictions which aren't tea or coffee....
Used to eat 9 mars bars an hour, when working as a luggage handler. In defence limited on what was allowed and cycling 250 miles a weekend to and from work(split shifts).
Since the size went down earlier this year, not one.

Used to eat 9 mars bars an hour, when working as a luggage handler. In defence limited on what was allowed and cycling 250 miles a weekend to and from work(split shifts).

You did say 9 an hour? :eek: 9 Mars bars is about 2400 Kcals. That's close to the number of calories required per day. And you ate them every hour??? Like, all day?

You could have more than 9 as the size is now smaller.:D Or do you mean since, your size went down...

Last edited:
Coffee. I drink a lot of coffe. It goes back to when I was Working . Most of the coffee I drank was cold, because I was always to busy to drink it. Then I would remember, but by then it was cold.
I think coffee is more addictive than tea. My son went 'cold turkey' from coffee not long ago and suffered headaches, inability to concentrate and general fatigue. Although tea has caffeine (in smaller amounts) I've never heard of anyone having withdrawal symptoms, however much they drink. There's a challenge for you @classic33!

I think coffee is more addictive than tea. My son went 'cold turkey' from coffee not long ago and suffered headaches, inability to concentrate and general fatigue. Although tea has caffeine (in smaller amounts) I've never heard of anyone having withdrawal symptoms, however much they drink. There's a challenge for you @classic33!

My daughter gave up coffee once and suffered terrible headaches for week. Must have been withdrawal.

You did say 9 an hour? :eek: 9 Mars bars is about 2400 Kcals. That's close to the number of calories required per day. And you ate them every hour??? Like, all day?
About eight hours a day
And no weight gain either, so no change in size for myself.

Back
Top Bottom