Food addictions

I drink two cups of coffee a day and not the weak instant kind okay I drink the really strong black coffee that farmer's drink in the province. It's probably gonna kill me someday but it's pretty good.

I have managed to avoid craving for different types of foods. I hate to eat foods that will affect my weight. Sometimes back I used to crave for roasted meat and french fries but lately I have avoided that.

I was going to say hot sauce, as well! Last Christmas my brother and I received a hot sauce gift set containing about 10 different types. We still have each one, half full, in addition to our 6 usual hot sauces that are always in the cabinet. What kind of hot sauces do you currently have around? :)

Another food I may be addicted to is peanut butter. Anywhere, on anything. I've tried it all!
Also Thai iced tea. I add almond milk instead of cream (I'm slightly lactose intolerant so I try to avoid it when I can).
I'm also addicted to ice cubes. It's just something I go to when I'm watching tv, a movie, reading, etc. I'll grab a cup of ice and suck on them. I don't chew them ever. I just like flavorless, icy cold goodness!

Right now I have cholula, sriracha, Texas Pete's, green and normal tabasco, and a peri-peri sauce. All delicious...all frequently used!

I'm a PB fan too...do you like PB&Co? They're a favorite - white chocolate wonderful is soooo good!

When I was pregnant I couldn't get enough of vanilla ice cream. I used to buy it in the large tub from Costco and eat it over the course of a few days. I just craved it, and it had to be vanilla, no other flavour. I also put on 35 pounds with that pregnancy. Now my son is 12 loves ice cream as well. I wonder if there is a connection? With my second son I craved canteloupe.

I use to have a nuts addiction. I go nuts about nuts. Salted peanuts, salted almonds, walnuts, brasil nuts, and my favourite is chestnuts. Roasted chestnuts is bliss. To my own surprise, when I go to Thailand I can get freshly roasted chestnuts. Here in Switzerland, chestnuts are big in winter. In Australia I can get chestnuts from the supermarket but I have to roast them myself. Without bragging, I can easy eat a 500 Gm bag of roasted chestnuts in one session.
When the chestnuts are not available, I like all other nuts including pistachios and Macedonia nuts grown in Australia.
I guess I am a nutter when it comes to nuts.

My addiction is candy. Any type of candy. If a buy a big bag I won't stop eating them until they are all gone.
I try not to buy them because I know what I am like. If I am craving it I try just going to a corner store where
I only have to buy a handful and that will satisfy me. I don't care for chocolate or any other sweets but I love
my candy.

@Corzhens It was 106F here the other day, we're in the thick of the Summer, with no end in sight. I just bought another 100 pack of the freeze pops, as well as some popsicles. They really do help, especially when coming in from the heat of the day.
Hot drink'll cool you down quicker.

Right now I have cholula, sriracha, Texas Pete's, green and normal tabasco, and a peri-peri sauce. All delicious...all frequently used!

I'm a PB fan too...do you like PB&Co? They're a favorite - white chocolate wonderful is soooo good!
Nice! That's very similar to my usuals in stock - always have Cholula, Sriracha and jalapeno/normal Tabasco :) In addition I usually have a few local hot sauces, at least one ghost pepper sauce.

Yess, I've tried PB&Co Mighty Maple and it was awesome! I love the combination of PB and maple; I usually add PB to my waffles. I'd love to try every flavor from them, they should have samplers!

Nice! That's very similar to my usuals in stock - always have Cholula, Sriracha and jalapeno/normal Tabasco :) In addition I usually have a few local hot sauces, at least one ghost pepper sauce.

Yess, I've tried PB&Co Mighty Maple and it was awesome! I love the combination of PB and maple; I usually add PB to my waffles. I'd love to try every flavor from them, they should have samplers!

A sampler of theirs would be awesome! I would absolutely buy it. I haven't actually tried the maple one (the white chocolate one is my staple flavor!) but I'll have to check it out. No such thing as too much peanut butter, right?!

Hot drink'll cool you down quicker.

I actually drink most beverages room temperature. I am drinking hot coffee right now, though, since it was just made. There's something about an icy treat on the really hot days though, that can't be beat, and I like to rub them (in the package) against my neck and forehead, it helps with headaches.

My addiction is candy. Any type of candy. If a buy a big bag I won't stop eating them until they are all gone.
I try not to buy them because I know what I am like. If I am craving it I try just going to a corner store where
I only have to buy a handful and that will satisfy me. I don't care for chocolate or any other sweets but I love
my candy.
Forgive my ignorance but what is candy as opposed to sweets (we only have sweets in the UK and I thought that was the same as candy)? Of course there are many types of sweets. Boiled, chewy, fruity, jelly, gums, sugar coated like Smarties etc.

Forgive my ignorance but what is candy as opposed to sweets (we only have sweets in the UK and I thought that was the same as candy)? Of course there are many types of sweets. Boiled, chewy, fruity, jelly, gums, sugar coated like Smarties etc.

When I was saying sweets I was referring to cakes, cookies, cupcakes, pies, etc. Yes candy are sweets, too but I may have worded it wrong. What I meant was that I am addicted to candy but not any other sweets besides candy. I hope that explains things better. :)

When I was saying sweets I was referring to cakes, cookies, cupcakes, pies, etc. Yes candy are sweets, too but I may have worded it wrong. What I meant was that I am addicted to candy but not any other sweets besides candy. I hope that explains things better. :)
Its just the language difference... I must admit if I eat sweet things at all it will be candy (UK sweets). But they have to be either hard gums or hard boiled (or mints). I sometimes eat them in the car on long journeys.

Reactions: L_B
Back
Top Bottom