Have you ever tried a recipe from a cooking show?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
7:47 PM
I'm curious as to how many of you have ever been tempted to try recipes from the cooking shows.

I have. But did you find them to be as attractive & tasty as they look on TV? :wink:

Yes, but they were from recipes at Food Network not because I had watched the show.

All the time! I have cooking channels on TV most of the day (its that or the news). Its my background noise and occasionally my ears prick up and I write down a recipe. A lot of my ideas come from UK TV cooking shows - but also from cookery books (which I read like novels, as they say) and from experimenting all the time, combining ingredients.

But I am obsessive. I order ingredients because I like the look of them and then experiment. I jot ideas down all day and draw pictures of how things will look.

So - TV shows are fodder for me. But I use them judiciously and there are good and bad shows.

All the time! I have cooking channels on TV most of the day (its that or the news). Its my background noise and occasionally my ears prick up and I write down a recipe. A lot of my ideas come from UK TV cooking shows - but also from cookery books (which I read like novels, as they say) and from experimenting all the time, combining ingredients.

But I am obsessive. I order ingredients because I like the look of them and then experiment. I jot ideas down all day and draw pictures of how things will look.

So - TV shows are fodder for me. But I use them judiciously and there are good and bad shows.
Want to come visit? There is a comfy chair in the cookbook room.

Me and my notes:

Photo on 23-01-2017 at 22.42.jpg

Its too hot for me in your neck of the woods. Otherwise I would! :D
Sweetie, Right now our highs average 18c. We do get cold here. This weekend the lows are supposed to be 0c.
You just want to visit between Halloween and Saint Patrick's Day.

I don't really get much time to watch TV but I have tried recipes from Saturday Kitchen.

The cooking shows on the Food Network are mainly on in the morning & afternoons.

Outside of that are those bloody aggravating challenge shows in the evening, which I think that there are way too many of them! :headshake::mad:

The cooking shows on the Food Network are mainly on in the morning & afternoons.

Outside of that are those bloody aggravating challenge shows in the evening, which I think that there are way too many of them! :headshake::mad:
Agreeing with you. I think the really awful one is "Worst cooks in America. " Rather than teaching them fancy stuff, it might be better to teach them everyday foods.

Agreeing with you. I think the really awful one is "Worst cooks in America. " Rather than teaching them fancy stuff, it might be better to teach them everyday foods.

Three of the ones that I was so glad to see put to death are THESE!

1. Food Network Challenge.

2. Iron Chef America.

3. Next Food Network Star.

These are the ones that started the whole thing! I was so sick & tired of hearing Alton Brown's mouth running at 90mph!! The phrase that I got so tired of hearing was his "Gosh darn it"!! That just got under my skin!! :headshake::mad:

Three of the ones that I was so glad to see put to death are THESE!

1. Food Network Challenge.

2. Iron Chef America.

3. Next Food Network Star.

These are the ones that started the whole thing! I was so sick & tired of hearing Alton Brown's mouth running at 90mph!! The phrase that I got so tired of hearing was his "Gosh darn it"!! That just got under my skin!! :headshake::mad:

Actually, Food Network Star comes on only once a year. Every summer.

Last edited:
I have cooked a couple from the BBC series The Great British Bake Off. But I will adapt as needed... I liked a couple, others not so much. I often print them off the ones I want to make and then promptly fnd something else I want to make... and so on... :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom