Help clutter the kitchens of the king and queen of gadgets

Cinisajoy

Veteran
Local time
4:50 PM
The king and queen of gadgets invite everyone to post either your dream appliances or outrageous appliances. Or the latest and greatest.
This is a thread to discuss all.
Just no orange ones as the king has plenty.
Better yet, the more orange the better.

Last edited:
006.jpg

Well, for starters, here's my orange microwave oven. I"ve since moved those papers off the top of it. :wink:

I would like to have a proper food processor one day. At the moment I do not have the space, time or budget! I have a traditional food mixer - for cakes and a small handheld blender - for soups.

KA hand mixer in Orange..jpg
Electrolux Stand Mixer..jpg

I own THESE 2 mixers.

Yeah, I plan to get a food processor also, but I'm trying to make up my mind which one. So many to choose from! :headshake:

I would like to have a proper food processor one day. At the moment I do not have the space, time or budget! I have a traditional food mixer - for cakes and a small handheld blender - for soups.
I don't have space either. And I don't even have a food mixer! TBH its quite easy to do without. I use a stick blender quite a lot and that takes up very little space. If I make cakes I do it by hand which isn't really an issue unless you are making catering quantities.

I think gadgets can get in the way of the tactile aspects of cooking. I love to get my hands in the bowl and rub fat into flour, or to knead that bread dough.
But one of the simple gadgets I love is the mandolin. However good I am at chopping, I can't get slices that wafer thin!

I don't have space either. And I don't even have a food mixer! TBH its quite easy to do without. I use a stick blender quite a lot and that takes up very little space. If I make cakes I do it by hand which isn't really an issue unless you are making catering quantities.

I think gadgets can get in the way of the tactile aspects of cooking. I love to get my hands in the bowl and rub fat into flour, or to knead that bread dough.
But one of the simple gadgets I love is the mandolin. However good I am at chopping, I can't get slices that wafer thin!

stick-blender-3-colors.png

I also have a stick blender (guess which one color wise?)

Was going to use it yesterday to make mayo, but decided to use the leftover turkey breast to make soup instead. :wink:

Last edited:

Hello. If I tried to mix a cake by hand, I could not use my hands for 3 days afterwards without intense pain.
So please do not assume everyone has perfect hands.
Some of us need the helpers to perform daily tasks.
As per my food choppers, I also can't handle knives well enough to do anything but a very rough chop.
Yes, I acknowledge that half the stuff in my kitchen you would consider clutter.
Without them, I could barely cook. So please do not dismiss things others want or need.
They may have reasons for having them like hand disabilities.
Example would be a potato peeler. Some of us can't manipulate a paring knife or a standard peeler. Some of us have to spend more money for a better designed handle.

So please enjoy your good legs and your good hands.
But don't forget others may have problems you can't see.
Don't make them feel bad because they need something you don't.

Last edited:
Hello. If I tried to mix a cake by hand, I could not use my hands for 3 days afterwards without intense pain.
So please do not assume everyone has perfect hands.
Some of us need the helpers to perform daily tasks.
Yes, of course. I have arthritis in my thumbs so it can get painful. I understand.

If you'd asked that question a month ago I would have had difficulty answering. However, at the present time it has to be the new Halogen oven. Of course, I could do without it (as I have done for the previous 50 years) but it's becoming really useful.

I've mainly been using my hand-held mixer for small mixing jobs, rather than dragging out the heavy big mixer. :wink:

Shall we discuss the $100 cookie scoop?
Technically the scoop was only $5, but we also found my winter supply of tea on sale and coffee on sale. We bought a year's worth of coffee. Also bought the winter's supply of hot chocolate.

008.jpg
010.jpg
013.jpg
012.jpg
024.jpg

Meanwhile, here are some pics of my junky & cluttered old apartment.

The slumlord is to blame for the crumbling room because of the hole in the roof, where rain water got in and damaged the walls & window sill. Typical of private landlords. They want the rent money every damn month, but they do little or nothing about the upkeep of their crumbling property!!! :headshake::mad::stop:

Last edited:
Shall we discuss the $100 cookie scoop?
Technically the scoop was only $5, but we also found my winter supply of tea on sale and coffee on sale. We bought a year's worth of coffee. Also bought the winter's supply of hot chocolate.
Cookie scoop?

Back
Top Bottom