How do you incorporate water into your diet?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
4:43 PM
Probably from the time you've been a child, you've heard about the benefits of drinking water. This liquid cleanses the human body, helps with food digestion and gives you energy. Yet, for a lot of people, including me, getting ALL of the 8 ounce glasses required in a day is challenging.

So, how do you incorporate water into your diet?

th?id=H.4565014622831666&pid=15.jpg

I just serve water with each meal and always have a glass with me when watching TV or at the laptop like now. In addition there is a glass beside my bed for when I get thirsty at night. We also 'cheat' in that we don't serve it in 250ml glasses, but it 400ml glasses so getting that magic figure of the much hyped 8 glasses in a day is not necessary! Our glasses are much bigger so I only need to think about drinking 3 glasses of it a day when taking into account the other fluids (like hot milk, peppermint tea and nettle/comfrey/red clover/dandelion/peppermint infusion).

But one thing to remember is that there is much debate about the need to get 2L of water into you a day. In reality it is most likely 2L of liquid a day that is needed (assuming that said liquid is not all salty!) so you probably don't need to worry about it as much as has been hyped about in the media etc.

I try to drink as much water as I can. However, I know that I do not drink as much water as I should. I try to drink water with my meals. In addition, whenever I have a snack I try to drink a tall glass of water with it. I also use water to help keep me full throughout the day so I do not overeat. I think it is a great way to manage my weight.

I am always really proud to say I drink a good 8 glasses a day of water! When I'm at home I usually have a harder time drinking water, just because I forget about it. However at work I'm really disciplined at drinking water. I will keep a large water bottle (1L) on my desk, and will drink a glass every hour or so. I don't time it or anything, but having the bottle right in my face is a constant reminder that I need to empty it up!

Probably from the time you've been a child, you've heard about the benefits of drinking water. This liquid cleanses the human body, helps with food digestion and gives you energy. Yet, for a lot of people, including me, getting ALL of the 8 ounce glasses required in a day is challenging.

I rarely drink water to be honest. I try my best every time I remember though. The good thing is that I eat a lot of foods with liquids and I drink a lot of fruit juices. Water is still needed though, so am working on it.

I drink water a number of ways. One, just plain old water, maybe about half a gallon per day. I also dilute it with Apple Cider Vinegar to help my my skin condition. If you didn't know, apple cider vinegar aides in a lot of health issues and can also detoxify your body. It has been very beneficial to me! Lastly, I throw in some fresh fruit into a glass -- just whenever I feel like it. This could be grapes, strawberries, pineapples, etc. Make it fun and fresh! Enjoy.

I try to drink a glass with every meal and make sure I drink 2 in the evening. I like drinking one right before bed. It helps my skin stay clear. I notice that my skin is so dry when I don't drink my water before bed.

I always have a bottle of water on my table. It's right there, so whenever I feel like having a sip I do it. It's a lot better to have a hundred small sips instead of drinking like crazy twice a day.

A few years ago when I started a new job that had this ice machine, I got hooked on it, and started drinking ice water constantly all day while I was at work. Something about it would get rid of my headaches. I also keep small fan running at my desk pointed at my head too, to stay cool. The combination of the two is so relaxing for some reason that I've been doing it ever since. If anything I drink way too much water in a given day, lol.

I also drink a lot of ice tea as well though, which supposedly caffeine acts as a diuretic - there's conflicting evidence about that though.

A few years ago when I started a new job that had this ice machine, I got hooked on it, and started drinking ice water constantly all day while I was at work. Something about it would get rid of my headaches. I also keep small fan running at my desk pointed at my head too, to stay cool. The combination of the two is so relaxing for some reason that I've been doing it ever since. If anything I drink way too much water in a given day, lol.

I highly doubt that you had headaches due to your head overheating! :D
But headache is one of the results of dehydration, so maybe you just weren't getting enough water in your system before you started doing this?

I drink 2 glasses of water as I wake up in the morning, then 1 glass before every meal and 1 glass after every meal and 2 glasses before sleep. That is how my drinking water regimen goes in a day.

I always drink water out of a 500ml beer mug with a few blocks of ice in it, sometimes I will add a concentrate of some sort to give it some flavour and living in a temperate region does help a lot, I drink about 4 or 5 of these a day, I always try to drink at least one first thing in the morning.

It's a challenge for me to drink the complete 8 glasses of water a day as well! I try to take one before a meal so that I feel more full and so I don't over eat, and then during my meals. When I eat salty food, I try to have 2 glasses. Sometimes I don't count anymore, but I hope my water intake is enough.

It's easier to drink water if you always carry a water bottle or tumbler around with you. It may sound weird to constantlyhave a tumbler everywhere you go, but it makes everything easier. I drink about 5 liters of water a day and it's easy for me to do that because I carry water around with me.

I usually add water when I need to dilute a sauce I'm making. When making sauces, I also add water very moderately. It's much easier to simply add water later on to a very salty mixture than to have to make a watery mixture more concentrated. It's best to always go easy on the water b/c it's easier to just add water later if you need more.

Back
Top Bottom